Chapter 8

Touya

"Talking in my sleep?"

"Yes." She nods.

Just great! Can't wait to find out what kind of bullshit I've been yapping for two months straight. Maybe I'll record myself tonight.

I take a sip of my coffee, stare at her for a few seconds as if I could intimidate her and then look away. "You're bluffing."

"I'm not," She is not giving me the 'I'm worried' eyes right now. 'Cause she surely didn't give me those when I was a kid. "I understand why you would think that, though."

"Perfect!" I finish my cup and stand to place it in the dishwasher. "Since you understand, stop pretending to care."

I know what I'm saying is hurting her but besides me wanting to keep the peace in this household, there are other reasons why I'm not trusting them and they all are very well aware of those reasons.

"I'm not pretending," Sure, mom. "I care and I want to change this between us." Well that takes two players and I'm already out of the game. I lean my back on the counter, crossing my arms and giving her an are-you-serious look. "I am serious."

I understand why she wants to change it and why she's being more pushy than before but I have very good reasons as to why I'm keeping everything to myself. What good is gonna do telling her I have all my memories back?

"Okay," I scoff. "Was the photo album your way to get me to talk? 'Cause that ain't happening."

"So there is something." I tsked, letting out a loud sigh. "Touya, I know why you're having a hard time trusting me and I know that it'll be hard to open up to me but I am really trying to help you in any way I can as your mother."

That statement deserved a really good eye roll but let's not be salty. Yet.

"I'm fine," I push myself forward, heading outside the kitchen. "Don't need your mothering now, it's too for that. And I certainly don't need the person who hurt me to tell me they hurt me."

She pauses and comes close to me, landing her hand on my shoulder as I was about to go back to my room. "Let me at least make it right."

"Why should I?" I scoff again, pushing her hand away. "Why should I let you make it right? Why should I give you a chance!? Because I don't really recall you being the caring, supporting mother that I needed, you kept neglecting me and he kept fucking my life over when the only thing I was asking was to be recognised! To be fucking seen! And I had to become a villain, commit all those crimes! I had to become a fucking monster, I had to join the League of Villains, I had to plan how I was gonna destroy the hero society, how to ruin my father's life for making mine miserable, to kill my little brother, to fucking hurt the only thing I could call mine and mine only and in the end keep her away from me...to get this attention now!?

"Well, no! I don't want that! The only thing that I want is to have Hina in my life again and keep her for fucking ever and never leave her! Because that's what I promised her and I broke that promise two years ago in the Kamino incident and just gave her up to her sister and I disappeared! I did it for her! So she could finally be happy, have a normal life and now she does and I couldn't ask for more but protecting her happiness is hurting me! Seeing her happy with her girlfriend made me feel relieved but at the same time, I felt a knife stabbing my heart! I'm talking in my sleep, you said!? Yes, I do! It's her I'm talking about because it's all I can fucking think of day and night and I miss her, mom! I...I fucking miss her like crazy and I don't know what to do!"

Shit...guess I trust her somewhere deep in my subconscious. I started getting angry and telling me she wants to fix our relationship was the cherry on top. I just kept talking and talking without caring what I'm saying, how much I'm saying and in the end...I even fell down on my knees, sobbing in my mother's embrace.