Chapter 12

Hina

"I don't know... What is happening but... I need to tell you something... Before I go..."

The night in Kamino. The night I thought I was about to lose everything yet again. They're finally back. All my memories are unfolding before my eyes.

"It better not be another goodbye 'cause I'm gonna kill you." His cheeks were covered in dripping blood from his eyes."Hina, don't close your eyes! Stay awake!"

"Touya... I love you."

He leans in and kisses me, thinking it might be the last time he sees me. "Damn you... I love you, too, idiot."

Right.

I was scared I was dying so at least I wanted Touya to know. It was the first time he said 'I love you' to me and the blue my brain has associated him with is probably because I was looking into his eyes.

Those sky colored eyes. My fated sky. How many times must we go back and forth until we are finally together and happy?

"Why do you keep saying you'll die soon?"

That's the room they had us in. I'm laying with him and he's holding me as if I would disappear if he let go.

"That's how I feel every time I get out of that training room." He touches our foreheads together and he whispers the only promise he has been desperately trying to keep all these years. "Don't worry. You'll never be cold, Hina."

What a selfish idiot you are, Touya. What made you think I wouldn't want you after everything we've been through?

When I open my eyes, I'm in his arms and he's caressing my back slowly. His cheek is pressing on my head and his thoughts are probably running in a circle like a toy train. "You left me in the cold."

He lets out a sigh he's been holding for a while. "Sorry."

"Idiot." I punch his chest lightly, receiving a small 'ouch' back. "You thought I wouldn't want you back!"

He pushes me away, holding my shoulders, and blinks a few times before frowning. "You do?"

"You did not just ask me that."

"What about Yumiko? Don't you..." He doesn't even try to hide his annoyance on his face on the mention of my current girlfriend's name. "Love... Her?"

I grin mischievously and he rolls his eyes, probably expecting my teasing. "Are you jealous?"

"No, I just want you for myself."

"Childish."

"Answer the question."

I admit; I was trying to avoid answering it. I truly love her and care about her, however, I don't think I do more than Touya.

This man was my first love. He was by my side when I felt alone, he would always keep me warm on those cold winter nights. When we were together in the League, he knew who I was and even though he didn't tell me at first, he was still with me.

He protected me, he acted like he hated me and as if he killed me so I would escape in Kamino. Touya may have cared a lot about taking his revenge on his family but I can clearly remember him putting that aside sometimes when it came to me.

Whether I remembered him or not, he was always there.

Yumiko has helped me a lot emotionally. Me waking up from a two year coma was still fresh when I met her and started dating after a month, so, naturally, I was still confused about a lot.