Chapter 9

Hina

I wasn't planning on leaving sooner than a month, but I decided to move as soon as possible. I came across a flat near Asami and Keigo and plan to move in the following few days.

Perhaps I'm overreacting and being overly emotional, but I can't stand the fact that my family has been holding secrets from me. So, I want to distance myself for a while. Even at home, I avoid talking to Keigo. I'll be outside all day or during the hours I know those two will be home, and I'll return late at night when I know they'll be asleep, but I'm sure Keigo notices me.

I need some space from Yumiko, too.

I'm no longer upset with her; I know what she did wasn't intentional, but I don't want to think about what might have happened if Ren hadn't been there. I just need some alone time. I understand why they did it, but that doesn't invalidate my feelings. Maybe I'm wrong and selfish, or maybe I'm right and they shouldn't have done that. I'm not sure; I'm too overwhelmed by everything going on.

I also want to concentrate on beauty school. I want to do something I enjoy to take my mind off of this whirlwind of emotions. It might help me clear my head a little.

I'm laying in bed, staring at the phone number Ren gave me last night. I know it's a fake number. Judging his reaction and based on what he told me, he wouldn't just give me his real number. He made it clear that he doesn't want me near him.

He's smart, I can give him that. He thought that if he hurt my feelings and made me feel guilty for wanting to have connections with the man that killed my girlfriend's father, I would back up. I am too stubborn and can be very selfish for things I want and, right now, I want to talk to him again.

I crinkle the piece of paper and throw it in the trash across the room. He's going to be the only thing occupying my mind so might as well continue packing my things. What else can I do, anyway?

I put all of my make up tools in their suitcase, and the rest of my clothes in the other suitcase. I bought boxes to put my room's decoration in, too.

"Where is the tape?" I looked around the room and then realized I had used it in the living room.

I notice the television is forgotten on and reach for the controller to turn it off but stop when I listen to the news.

"Citizens are getting concerned and are questioning the police's decision for the two high-ranking villains not being sent to Tartarus immediately after their apprehension..."

I turn the volume on and pay close attention to the photos that are being shown. The second I read their names my head starts hurting which means I'm about to remember something so I try to sit on the couch in case I faint again.

Hopefully I remember more this time and not just glimpses. Speaking of, I'm starting to see some of them as my vision is becoming blurry and the sounds around me are muffled.

Please, let it be more. Please.

***

"Medea!" The girl I saw on the screen appears in front of me. "Aw, Dabi isn't with you?" She says this with a sad face.

"Uh, no Toga, I haven't even seen him today." I respond. I'm in some kind of old abandoned building and I'm sitting on what appears to be a balcony. At least, it's trying to be.

"Ugh, he's probably hiding in a room then." She rolls her eyes, puffing her cheeks from frustration. I raise an eyebrow, then frown my face. Blinking a few times, I turned around to face Toga properly. "Why would he hide?"