Chapter 5

Touya

After a talk with the police, they gave us the location where the villain was last seen and rented a car so we would be able to move around easily. There wasn't anything new about them so we drove to Shinagawa to have a look.

Honestly, I couldn't give a damn about such a minor case but the fact that this villain might be Toga is enough motivation for me. She's smart; she could be doing this masked as someone else to keep the authorities off her back and if my theory is true, I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

I'm not going to capture her, of course, but I can't let her run wild either. I'm just looking for her—if it's actually her—without any particular reason. I don't even know what I'm going to say if we manage to find her.

"Let's split up," Shouto says, motioning me to stop the car. "I'll scan the area by foot, you keep the car. I'll call you to come back here later."

I nod before he steps out of the car. I drove mostly near banks and stores which were quite crowded, so I doubt they'd cause a scene here. I parked the car and decided to walk for a while in case I had better luck.

I checked every possible place where they could appear and observed closely every person passing by me who might be looking suspicious. I walked for a couple more minutes to verify this but from the second I left the car, I have been feeling as if someone has been following me.

I was careful to check my surroundings so I didn't give myself away but I didn't notice anyone. Maybe it was my imagination or it's simply because I want to avoid meeting Hina again and was worried it was her following me.

Then the answer to my worry was given right in front of my eyes. I take a turn into an alleyway, waiting for my follower who instructed me to come here.

"You want to jump me, Hawks?" The man lands in front of me, the feather that guided me here going back to his wings.

"I don't know," He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. "Do you have a reason for me to?"

"God," I sigh in annoyance, mimicking his actions. "Must you answer my question with a question?"

"You're doing the same thing."

"What about it?"

"Why are you here, Touya?" Ugh, it feels weird when he's saying my name.

"I have a case with my brother," He doesn't seem to believe that even though it's the truth. "Am I not allowed to be here?"

He narrows his eyes, taking a few steps closer. "You met Hina."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Dear lord, what a statement. Never expected this to happen. Of course that idiot told him, she doesn't keep anything from her precious brother. I keep my face leveled, not showing him any signs of the truth. "I haven't seen Hina in two and thanks to you, I don't even know her current condition."

"Don't test me Touya." He grits his teeth, clearly getting pissed off.

"Turns out I've always been testing you," I shrug, smirking at him. "Even when you pretended to be an ally."

"We were never allies." He bit. Guess the fact I roasted his wings still stings, huh? "I never trusted you and you never me."

"Are you sure of that?" He's slowly losing his patience. His hands are clenched and his face is twitching like he's holding himself back from attacking me. "I trusted you when we were in the hero commission."

"I'm not talking about that." Of course not. Why would he even think of it when he was only selfishly trying to save his ass? Pathetic bastard. I just had to fall for his sister.