~1~

Only five minutes passed before Nessa's alarm went off again. After tossing and turning in her cozy warm bed that felt like heaven, she heard a loud yell coming from the hall, each time closer and closer.

"GET UP NESSA!" her mom almost screamed as she bursted through her door to open the curtains of her window, shining a bright light into Nessa's face, making her even more annoyed.

Although she was annoyed and only groaned at the brutal awakening from her mom, she had to get up, it was her last day at school due to moving away. It was a mixed emotions kind of day. On one side it's sad because she has to say her goodbyes to all her friends, teachers and worst of all her boyfriend. They decided on trying long distance but Nessa was never too keen on that, however, she promised she would do her best. It's not that she doesn't like Brian, her boyfriend, anymore, but she knows she couldn't live without his touch, their dates, it would be hard at times. On the other side, she will be moving so much closer to her aunt and cousin, literally her favourite people in the whole entire world, besides her parents and boyfriend of course.

It was about 8:00 and Nessa had to leave with her mom at 8:20 because she didn't have her driving license yet, she could get it with her age being 17 but just hadn't had the chance to yet.

She got up from her bed, tried not bumping into all the boxes on her floor while wobbling to her bathroom. She pursued to wash her face, put her contacts in and topped it all of with some moisturiser and light makeup, just some highlighter, brow gel and mascara, as always. With 10 minutes remaining she threw on some black flared jeans, a cream coloured hoodie and some platform converse. Of course no outfit is complete without jewellery, including gold rings, a necklace that she never took of because it belonged to her grandma that sadly passed away some years ago, and some earrings. While grabbing her purse and spraying on some perfume, she rushed downstairs.

Her mom, Cassandra, was waiting by the door to leave.

"Finally! Let's go. I recommend putting your hair in a bun.." she said with a judging face.

Nessa ignored her expression knowing she did it on purpose to mess with her and she put her hair in a low bun while entering the car.

———

Nessa's school day was almost over already, it felt like it had just started. She had emptied her locker some time ago and said her goodbyes to all the people important to her. She didn't part ways from Brian yet as he was going with her to the airport to be with Nessa as long as he could.

They currently lived in Chicago and were moving to Boston. It would be a big change but Nessa couldn't shake the small feeling of excitement accompanied with a bit of nervousness. Her mom wanted to be closer to her sister who also lived in Boston with her daughter, Nessa's cousin that felt more like a sister, Amelie, and seeming as her dad had gotten a job offer in Boston, it was just the perfect time to move away.

Brian and Nessa were driving home to help with packing up the last things and getting ready for the flight later at night. The house felt weird without all the paintings and pictures on the walls, the fireplace that used to always be black now suddenly clean (because they were selling the house it had to look as good as new), her room with an empty mattress and nothing on it, it all just felt so empty and strange, like she didn't know where she was. It hurt a little bit, leaving a place were she had grown up and made so many memories, but Nessa always tried to look on the bright side and think about how she would see Amelie the next day. All the boxes were now stacked up and in piles in the living room and both Nessa's parents and herself had their suitcases by their side.

"So...bye house."

"Dad don't be weird, don't start talking to the house please" Nessa replied with a smile on her face "Such a fool"

"Only fools say others are fools" David, her dad, scoffed out while walking outside and going to the car.

It was an ongoing joke between her and her dad, calling each other fools every chance they got, her mother never got it and just rolls her eyes whenever they did this.

All of them were sitting in Brian's car as he offered to drive them to the airport. It was around a 30min drive and it got more real by the second, Nessa was getting a bit anxious knowing her life would be completely different from the moment she would step foot in that airplane. She tried to cancel the thoughts out with playing some music in her airpods.

———

"Text me when you get there please" Brian said as they were saying their goodbyes.

"Of course I will. I'll miss you so much, don't get to miserable without me.." Nessa joked.

A sad smile formed on his face as they hugged each other and shared a quick kiss. He said farewell to Nessa's parents and drove away looking at his girlfriend threw the rear view mirror.

I miss him already...