~9~

Nessa didn't want to wait too long to try and make up with Jack. Chris was no one in her life, and she wasn't going to let anything related to him ruin what she could have witch Jack. He was sweet, funny, not forgetting, very good looking, everything she could ask for.

Amelie had asked Nessa, while driving to school, if she would join her and Nick later that day to watch the lacrosse game, which Nessa did indeed want to see.

She was now seated in Algebra, no one she knew went to this class so it was always a boring one. It felt like hours had gone by before the teacher dismissed everyone. It was her last class of the day, so she picked up her things and made her way to her locker so she wasn't dragging all the weight of her notebooks with her.

She put her things into the locker and waited on Nick and Amelie in the parking lot. They decided on going to eat something at the diner seeming as the game was still 2 hours away.

Amelie drove the three of them to Bella's Diner.
The lady greeted them with a warming smile, leading them towards a table, and taking their usual orders.

"So I've got to tell you guys what happened yesterday" Nessa started a conversation after Bella left.

"Spill the tea sis" Nick answered patiently waiting on what she had to say.

"So yesterday Jack sent me a text-"

"UUHHH wait I didn't know it was this kind of conversation, I need to prepare" Nick interrupted her. He closed his eyes and pinched his fingers together, while taking a deep breath he moved them from in front of his face down, like he was about to start an act "ok you may continue"

"Ok... moving on, he sent me a text at night asking if I wanted to go on a walk with him"

"Saucy" Amelie added, making Nessa roll her eyes.

"So that's what we did. All was going well until we sat down near the lake and we we're getting closer, he put his arm around me, and I swore and extra 2 min and he would kiss me"

Nick couldn't keep his excitement nor his giant smile hidden, not that he tried too.

"Don't get excited yet"

"Why? What happened?" Amelie asked in confusion.

"Well" she turned to look at Nick "you remember when I slept over last time?" to which he nodded in response "Chris had given me his hoodie because I was cold, the pink one"

"Oh yeah, I remember thinking how you got that"

"Well I had that hoodie on when me and Jack went on a walk and Jack noticed it was Chris' "

"YOU FUCKING DUMBASS" Nick yelled and quickly covered his mouth because he remembered he was in public.

"I know! He probably thought there was something between me and Chris and the energy totally changed right then."

"Why would you wear that hoodie?!" Nick seemed mad at the girl.

"I didn't remember it was his! I just picked something up in the rush I was, it matched my sweatpants to that's what I wore. I know,
I'm an idiot."

"That you are" her cousin budded in "But some lovely waffles will make it all go away!" she joked about the situation while Bella arrived with their plates.

They had 20 minutes left until the game would start when they left the diner so that they could get some good seats, and that's what they got.

"Hey!" A voice came from behind them. Amelie didn't even realize but Nick and Nessa turned their heads only to see someone they didn't really want to be around.