~13~

Not with much motivation, Nessa stepped into the uber she called while Chris entered the same vehicle on the other side.

They didn't say anything to each other, only the radio slightly playing in the background, but it was a short 5 minute ride.

When they finally arrived, Chris grabbed a cart while Nessa pulled out her list.

"Ok, first, a cake" she started walking and Chris followed her closely.

"Which one do you think?" Nessa asked. There were a couple to pick from and she needed help deciding on which one.

"Umm.. that one" he stood next to Nessa pretty close, it made her a bit nervous. He pointed towards a light blue frosted cake covered with little white smileys. She agreed that it was a cute cake and grabbed it and put it inside the cart.

"Ok next." She tried to brush of the feeling she had when Chris' shoulder touched hers "We need donuts" and she walked further again with Chris following her like a well behaved child, which was weird, she would have guessed he would just wonder around the store.

"What do you think about those ones?" she pointed to some classic donuts just covered in sugar.

"Classic is always great" so this time he picked them up and put them in the cart "what now?"

The boy was actually interested and trying to help. Nessa was enjoying it instead of dreading it, something she definitely didn't expect.

"Maybe some cookies and pretzels and lastly some drinks"

Chris started walking towards the pretzels and put them into the cart quickly after, shuffling towards the cookies. Like he said earlier, classic is always great, so they got regular chocolate chip cookies.

"Pepsi obviously" He said for the drinks.

"Um it's not a picnic for you darling" Nessa joked with him while they both walked to the drinks section.

"I wish"

It wasn't a response Nessa expected. She didn't really think he was that kind of guy, which made more than sense due to his nonchalant posture all the time, not coming over as a romantic person, he couldn't be, impossible.

"With who?" she laughed "You and Cara?".

"Nah, we're over"

Nessa's heart stopped. They weren't a thing anymore? Why did that even have an impact on her? She didn't care who he was with or if he was even with someone. It wasn't in her interest. Or was it? Because now her heart was pounding so loud you could probably hear it, her hands got sweaty and she suddenly got nervous around the same boy she just had been with the whole time.
It felt different between them now that he said that. She continued the conversation not wanting him to notice a reaction from her by his statement, but seeming as a smirk had formed on his face, he probably noticed.

"So with who then?"

"I dunno" he said while looking in her eyes. It did something to her and she hated it. Him just looking at her made her want to forget everything she thought about him before.

"Root beer" she said.

"Huh?" he was very confused, forgetting they had to get drinks. It meant that his mind was also somewhere else, it meant that he was thinking about something else. What was it though?

"Matt likes root beer. What would Amelie like? Some iced tea?"

"Um, sure" his interest wasn't in what kind of drink Amelie would like though, he still looked at the girl, making her feel more and more nervous by the second. She could feel the eyes on her.