~11~

Nessa was walking with her cousin through their town, more specifically, town center. It was where the most life was, shops and cafes full of smiles and laughs, flowers everywhere. Boston was a very big city and Nessa was so grateful she lived in the suburbs of Boston. She preferred it over living in the busyness and anxiousness of the center of Boston, somewhere you couldn't even make real connections. She loved living in an actual house with a beautiful garden and fresh air, not in a flat where the only thing you could smell was the fuel of cars and trash. It was how the Meyer's used to live in Chicago, and it was a horrible place in comparison to where they were living now.

The girls sat down at a small yet very aesthetic coffee shop and ordered some cappuccinos and cake to go with it. Once in a while the two of them did this, it was like a tradition. They sat down somewhere, ordered something to snack on and gossiped about everything there was to gossip about.

"So... what's going on in your life?" Amelie took a sip of her drink while looking at her cousin.

"What do you mean? We've been together almost everyday, you know everything there is to know" Nessa giggled at the question. Usually there was a lot to tell because they lived far away and only saw each other 1 or 2 times a year.

"Hmm.. Is that so?" she raised one eyebrow in suspicion.

"What are you on about?" Nessa took a bite of her cake in pure confusion.

"Don't play dumb. I want to know everything about you and you know.."

Nessa's heart started racing, almost pounding out of her chest, she could swear she felt a drop of sweat forming on her forehead. What did Amelie mean? Why did she want to know what was going on between Nessa and Chris? There wasn't even anything going on.

She honestly didn't know what to say but guessing that Nessa had been feeling some different things around Chris and they actually got along a little bit lately, Amelie had noticed it as well, so instead of playing dumb she just decided to speak her mind to her cousin and maybe she could actually help her understand it, because Nessa sure didn't.

"Well.. I don't know.. Chris has changed a little late-"

"Hold up!" Amelie spilled some coffee out of shock "Chris?!"

Nessa's eyes went wide.

Jack. She meant Jack...

That was the moment Nessa knew she messed up and regretted even feeding into Amelie's nosiness. How was she going to get out of it now?  The name had been said.

"I meant Jack" it was a long shot, but the only thing she could think of to get out of the situation she now found herself in.

"Oh shut up, I want to hear everything about what the hell is going on!" Amelie scooted her chair closer to the table with a giant smile on her face. She loved drama and gossip, unless it was in her own life of course.

"Fine" Nessa caved knowing her cousin wasn't ever going to let it go.

She talked about everything. How she couldn't stand the boy in the beginning, and still at times now, how she hated the way he walked around with no care, how he never gave a second thought to anyone except himself. How these opinions changed a bit over time, seeing small signs that he did indeed sometimes care, for instance, how he gave her hoodies, helped her at the party, the pepsi incident...

"And than last time we went to that party, he was like a whole different person. He smiled and joked around with Matt, he even talked normally to me, maybe even sweet.. I don't know what to think about him anymore, help me."

It was maybe a 10 minute rant and Amelie didn't interrupt once, being to happy to hear everything like it was a movie.

"Nessa, very honestly, I think you should just let it go and continue what you have with Jack. What you're telling me about Chris is that he very rarely speaks to you like a normal human being, that shouldn't be a good thing.."