~2~

It was about 1 in the morning when the Meyers had landed and made their to a taxi outside of the airport.

Of course Nessa was super excited to see her cousin, it was already very late and they didn't want to disturb them, the three of them would just visit their family tomorrow. It was just her aunt, Jessica and her cousin Amelie that lived in their house, sadly the father wasn't in the picture anymore, at least not fully. Amelie did have some contact with him but nothing serious, her mom and him had a messy divorce and she had always stuck with her mom, it wasn't possible for their bond to be even stronger than it was.

They got to their new home in Boston around 2 in the morning and were all dead tired from all the packing and travelling. Nessa sent a quick message to Brian and plopped down on her bed. It was all still fairly empty aside from some basic things until all the other stuff from back in Chicago would arrive. Gladly it was Friday and Nessa didn't have to worry about school for the next 2 days, that's probably what she was most nervous about, entering a new school with no friends except from Amelie in the middle of the school year seeming as it was the cold month of February, not helping the temperature in the empty house.

Her eyes started feeling very heavy and the mattress suddenly felt like a fluffy cloud helping her manage to fall asleep quite quickly.

Nessa woke up around 13:30 to some noise in the kitchen, having a good night of sleep behind her and her first full day in Boston ahead of her, she hopped out of bed with still her dry contacts in that she forgot to take out the night before. Nessa removed her contacts and put on her black framed glasses to go down stairs.

"Good morning honey! Sleep well?" Cassandra asked while making some eggs, bacon and toast because apparently it was still morning for all of them, her dad was the first to wake up at 12:30, so her mom was making breakfast instead of lunch. They figured they could have a late lunch at Jessica's house later on the day.

"Slept great actually! What a feast, can I have some bacon?"

"Of course! Your dad just made some coffee, get a cup and go sit with him at the table"

The kitchen, dining area and living room were all in one big room, no walls disconnecting them which Nessa always loved the look of, everything so open and welcoming. There was a round wooden table where David sat with a newspaper in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Nessa joined and all of them ate together which didn't happen very often with all their busy schedules.

Finally the moment Nessa was waiting for was almost here. She took a nice long shower, did her usual skin care and makeup and threw on a matching dark blue hoodie and sweatpants set wanting to be comfortable with some simple airforces and gold jewellery. Even thought it was February, the sun was shining today reciprocating a bit of warmth, giving them the opportunity to have lunch in the garden.

The Meyers arrived at the Stilburgs house after only a 10 min drive, that felt like heaven being so close. Before Nessa had the chance to walk up to the house, the red haired girl came running to her and almost threw herself onto Nessa, indulging into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much!!" Amelie said.

"Me too! It felt like agesss!"

The two girls were the happiest they could be, and quickly after Nessa's aunt Jessica came walking out as well, not bursting into a run such as Amelie though.

"Hi Aunty Jess, I'm so glad to see you!"

"Nessa! Give me a hug!"

Jessica and Nessa also had a strong bond, it was almost like a second mother to her. While Amelie was interacting with David and Cassandra, Jessica made her way to them as well.