~8~

He gave her a quick look, and suddenly a slight, very very slight, smile formed on his face. The reason was obvious, Nessa was wearing his hoodie and she looked very good in it.

Nessa was standing next to Matt who was whisking the waffle mixture while she cracked an egg in it. Nick was just sitting grumpily at the kitchen island with a cup of coffee. He ended up forcing Nessa and Matt to make the waffles instead of himself, they were too scared to say no, so that's what they were doing.

Chris opened the fridge to take some orange juice, he even poured some for the rest. It was odd. Had something happened? Why was he acting kind of nice? Matt was giving Nessa many side eyes, showing her he didn't know what was going on either.

After about 20 minutes the whole kitchen looked like a mess, but the waffles were done and smelled amazing. Nessa offered Marylou one too, she would offer James, their dad, one as well but he was often not home due to his work.

The four of them took the waffles to the living room and sat on the couch while watching some youtube videos.

"We should open a restaurant Nessa, we're master chefs!" Matt obviously liked the waffles.

"Facts!" she said while pointing his way and high fiving him. She picked up some little things they did, one of them was pointing, at certain moments, and without noticing she started to do the same. She truly felt at home with them.

———

The weekend had passed and it was already mid next week. Nessa was walking to her locker alone this time, a head popped up behind her locker door, a blonde head.

"Hi" Jack said. It made her blush right away. She didn't know how to control those things around him, it was obvious for anyone who would even look her way.

"Hey"

"So... about that date.." This was what Nessa was waiting for, for Jack to ask her out, but right when that was about to happen, someone interrupted them.

"Jack we need you at the lacrosse training right now" Chris almost ordered the boy.

"Yeah I'll be right there, I'm in the middle of something.." he smiled and looked back at Nessa, making them both blush.

"Can't, need you right now" Chris pulled him by his arm, literally forcing him away from Nessa. Jack mouthed a 'sorry' to her before disappearing behind the corner.

She actually hated Chris more than she ever had before, he obviously did it on purpose. What was his deal? Like actually? Why didn't he just go hang out with Cara? Everything she thought about him from the last few days was gone. He wasn't changing into someone else, he wasn't nicer, he was a dick, like he always was and always will be.

She closed the locker door with force before the bell rang indicating the start of her next class, English. Luckily it was a class where you only had to pay attention the first 15 minutes, after that you could just chat with your classmates, the teacher didn't care, and also, Nick was there.

"Wassup bitch" Nick said to her with sunglasses on and chewing gum. They sat in the back so the teacher never payed any attention to them, Nick literally looked like he was at home.

"You're brother's a dick by the way" Nessa shot at him, still irritated by the previous event.

"Ok you love Matt so I'm guessing you're talking about Chris. What happened?" he sat a little straighter and pulled the sunglasses up onto his head.