~12~

All of them sat together at lunch. Nessa and Nick had come up with many ideas to bully Amelie and Matt into telling them they were a thing.

Nessa picked up her phone "He's cute isn't he?" she showed a picture of a random guy to Amelie. Matt's attention went their way, looking as to what Amelie would say.
Nick knew exactly what she was doing and stood up from his seat to go to the opposite side of the table and join the conversation.

"Umm.. I guess so" was what she answered.

"Uuhhh he's very cutee, you should go out with him!" Nick joined Nessa's ambush.

"No thanks" she replied and continued eating her sandwich, not without revealing a little stress though.

"Oh come on!!" Nessa wined "he asked me to see if you were interested" she made up, being a complete lie, obviously, she didn't even really know the guy, he was just someone at school she had seen walk around a couple of times.

"Yeah I'm not really interested, sorry" Amelie's leg was now bouncing up and down, feeling the tension between her and Matt.

"Fine, but you're putting me in a shit position, the least you could do is drive me to buy me some ice cream after school" Nessa acted like it was a horrible thing having to tell the boy Amelie wasn't interested, only to get her cousin to feel bad.

"Yes, me too" Nick joined in with a pout.

"Why you?" she laughed at Nick who pretended to be sad.

"No reason, I just want ice cream"

It made Amelie laugh and feel some relief that she got herself out of that.

"Fine, come to my car after school." Amelie told the two.

"Can I drive? I think I deserve it." Nessa asked the cousin while receiving an elbow from Nick who thought she was stretching it.

"Yeah, definitely not" The cousin obviously declined her idea wanting to actually get to the shop and not have an accident along the way.

———

After school had finished, Amelie stayed in the car while Nick and Nessa got their ice creams.

"I kind of feel bad about pressuring Amelie like that" Nessa told Nick when they waited on their order.

"What? Already? Such a little bitch Nessa" Nick could go on forever if no one stopped him, after all, he did get a free ice cream out of it.

"I have an idea"

Nick was intrigued by what Nessa had to say.

"We should set up something cute and romantic for them, try and get them there and surprise them. This way we can show them we know about the two and totally support it."

"Ugh fine, you always have to be so considerate and sweet, I hate it" Nick eventually agreed to the idea.

They were planning on doing it in a couple of days, maybe a dinner or a picnic, they weren't sure yet but would figure it out along the way. Obviously Amelie and Matt couldn't know about it, which would be hard due to the four of them hanging out almost everyday.

But while they were planning everything, Nick was still going to have some fun with the two lovebirds, he couldn't help himself.

———

Eventually Nessa got home. She had a couple of tests coming up soon so she planned on opening her books, sticking her face in it and staying that way for the rest of the day. Even though Nessa wasn't someone who needed amazing grades to feel proud or good about herself, she still felt the need to have reasonable grades and not just let them drop right down only caused by laziness.