~7~

It was Friday now. Nessa was at school walking next to Nick, who was talking about random things. Jack hadn't shown up today, she had no idea why, but didn't think much on the subject, she was just a little bummed to not see him.

"So me and Matt were thinking of getting some ice cream after school, you and Amelie wanna tag along?" The boy asked Nessa. At first she didn't respond due to always being in her own little world, that was until Nick yelled "HEY" at her. Always so sweet and gentle.

"Yes sure, sounds fun!" It was perfect anyways, Jessica had brought the two girls to school so they didn't have a ride home, until now that was.

A few hours were what stood between Nessa and some delicious ice cream, hours that had passed rather quick. Matt and her were sat in the car, waiting on the other two to join them.

"I literally had the question right but she was like 'you didn't show me how you got to the answer' pathetic" Matt imitated his Math teacher when she returned the tests. Nessa just laughed at the voices he made, clearly annoyed by the woman.

"We'll If it makes you feel better, I had two questions right on my Geography test but decided on changing them last minute"

"That does actually make me feel better" Matt replied proudly, making Nessa giggle.

A light tap was heard from the window, because they didn't notice right away, Nick started banging on the window.

"Jeez alright alright" Matt said while unlocking the car "You need to chill bro" he continued while Nick got himself into the passenger seat and Amelie sat in the back next to Nessa.
They were about to drive off when Nick's door swung open.

"That's my spot"

"Since when do you want to hang with us after school?" Nick replied.

"Umm since I have nothing to do?"

Nick couldn't go up against Chris, it was his spot after all. Instead of walking around the car, like a normal human being, he pushed himself in between the two front seats and threw himself onto Nessa and Amelie.

Someone else was approaching the vehicle as well, Cara.

Great..

Nessa wasn't sure what had happened between the two. She really enjoyed Cara's friendship the first couple of weeks she was in Boston, but over time they grew apart a little bit, not really talking much and feeling an off energy around the blonde girl. Amelie felt the same, but not wanting to be rude, she opened the door so the girl could scoot in in the back. It made the four of them really tight. Nessa could tell Nick wasn't loving it by the looks he was giving Nessa. The two of them had a whole conversation just with looks and stares. The whole car felt a bit off, Nessa could feel it, and she was sure she wasn't the only one. Nick being annoyed by the squishing in the back, Amelie couldn't put her arms in a comfortable position, Matt giving a side eye in the rear view mirror once every couple of minutes. It was strange but she tried to ignore it.

"Ok we're here!" Matt said in a way it almost felt like a relief, while putting the car in park.

"Ok me and Nessa will go and get the ice cream, what do y'all want?" Nick offered, dying to get out of the car and finally breath normally.

"Vanilla and brownie please!" Amelie told them excitedly. Cara told them she wanted strawberry, the most boring flavour in Nessa's opinion, vanilla and chocolate were even far more superior. Chris wanted cookie dough, same as Nessa and Nick. Lastly Matt asked for mint chocolate chip.