chapter 3

~Ezra~

School ended. I had a bunch of homework but I was too exhausted to start any of it. Mom and Dad weren't home. They must both be at work. My sister must be out with her friends parting. I won't worry about them though they can all care for themselves.

I just stayed in my room, wrapped in my fluffy warm blankets, napping. My eyes soon close and the darkness takes over my mind.

I woke up a few hours later. I might have slept for about 2-3 hours. I went to get a cookie and start my homework. In my room I have a desk. I don't really like doing my homework on it since I like to keep my drawing supplies on it.

I kinda keep it a mess for when I feel like drawing so I can just start and not look for what I need. I head to the kitchen island to start my homework.

I started with my math homework because what we're learning is easy then I did my spanish, and art homework. My other classes hadn't given me homework since I always finish it in that same class. So it just turns into school work for me.

When I finish I get on my phone. I had been scrolling for an hour or so. I get bored of everything that has to do with technology. I draw for about 3 or 4 hours. Mainly finishing art pieces that I started but forgot about and didn't finish. When I finish drawing my grey parrot drawing I get tired and go back to sleep.

The next time I wake up I have to get ready for school.

I get up, walk to my bathroom, brush my teeth, and get in the shower. When I'm done drying myself and all that, I brush my hair and change into my outfit. Which is a white sweater that had a Skyline Supra r34 on it. What a girl's gotta know her stuff. I wore some blue ripped jeans that reached my ankles and that fit a little lose, i put on my white air forces, small gold hoop earrings, and a gold chain that had an E on it. I grab my backpack and by the time I get down stairs I look at the time and if I eat breakfast I'll be late.

I run out the door and I sprint on my way to school. Peace had thought I was running from him, so he was running right next to me as if he was racing me.

I soon make it to the school say goodbye to Peace and run inside, completely out of breath. As I head to my locker I bump into someone. I look up and see it's Ares from class yesterday.

I honestly don't know what happened to me yesterday when he asked to sit by me. I never stutter, I mean sometimes when I'm nervous but I wasn't necessarily nervous because of him. I think it was because a guy had actually talked to me for the first time since 2nd grade.

"Hi-uhm sorry didn't mean to bump into you, I'm late to class and need to hurry before class starts."

Why was I telling him this? I then noticed that his hands were on my waist which had stopped me from falling back when I bumped into him and that I hadn't spoken in a whisper.

It felt weird to be honest. I push him back a little to make some distance between us. Last thing I need is some girl seeing us and thinking something that wasn't there.

"I gotta go, bye." That time I spoke in a whisper. He didn't even say anything the whole time, he just stared at me when I spoke and as I walked away.

I speed walk to my locker, grab what I need and run to class. Gladly I made it to class before the teacher had gotten there. I take my seat and wait. When the teacher had arrived I had started doodling on the back of the homework.

~~~

Ares arrived about 30 minutes late into class. He had a pass so I guess the principal had asked Ares to go to his office or someone that works here had.

He walked towards his seat, next to me.

"Why did you sit next to me?" I asked out of nowhere.

Ares looked at me confused at first but answered with an answer I didn't expect.

"Because I thought you could use some company." He turned to me and made eye contact with me. I turned away 2 or 3 seconds later. He let out a low chuckle.

"That and because I thought you were cooler than everyone else in this class." I turn to look at him confused.

"Trust me I'm not cooler than anyone here. They at least have friends."

"And you don't?"

"No."

"I'll be your friend then."

"Really?"

"Yeah I need a new friend too."

"Okay."

He smiled at me when I told him okay. He had a nice smile. He was nicer than he looked.

We both walked out of class talking about I have no clue what but we both kept it at a whisper, well I did he talked normal.

He was honestly very attractive. He had dark ocean eyes, curly blond hair with light brown streaks, light caramel skin, and a small black eyebrow piercing. He had walked me to all my classes.

On our way to 5th he even made me laugh a little. It wasn't like a crazy laugh but a calm laugh. He made me smile so many times throughout the whole day.

By the time I knew it was already time to go home. Ares was already waiting for me by the door.

"I don't know if it's just me but I thought the day went by really fast. Don't you think so?" He asked as we headed towards the door. " Yeah, it did."

I have gotten a little used to talking to him a little over a whisper when it was just us but when people were around I would keep it at a whisper or not talking and just listen to what he has to say.

"You should give me your number so we can talk more. I-I mean if you want." He looked a little nervous but he was trying to act as if he wasn't.

"Sure, just give me your phone."

"Okay." He seemed excited when I said yes. He handed me his phone and I put my number in.

"Thanks"

"No problem. Well I should get home."

"Do you need a ride home?"

"No it's okay I can walk, plus I have to talk to my little friend here for some food." I looked down at Peace while telling him.

"Okay, well see you tomorrow Ezra."

"Bye, see you tomorrow too Ares."

With that we both went our separate ways. I told Peace everything that happened today and before I knew we were home. I let Peace inside because my parents don't care just as long as I take care of him and he doesn't do anything bad.

We go to my room putting all my things down. I had a little bowl for him and his food in my room because I didn't know anywhere else to put it. I give him his food and started doing my homework on my bed since my sister was in the kitchen doing god knows what.

I finish an hour later. By that time Peace had already fallen asleep at the foot of my bed.

I put everything away i used away, change into something comfortable to sleep in, then head to the restroom, brush my hair, and brush my teeth. I turn off my light and go to sleep, and dream of what happened today. As if at any moment I will wake up and find out all of this never really happened.

A/N : Hey, I know I haven't updated but I had a lot of things to do this past few weeks. But I'm back and gonna keep writing till I finish this book. I hope you liked this chapter. Hope you had a good day. Byee!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1385 words