chapter 21

~Ezra~

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. I sit up looking around the room for Ares.

I get up, go to his bathroom, do what I need to do, change into something conformable but that covered all my bruises, then go downstairs.

As I'm walking down the stairs I hear some soft piano music playing. I go to the kitchen and to my suprise it's not Ares, but his Mom.

I quietly walk past the kitchen to look for Ares somewhere else.

The piano slowly starts to get louder as I walk father into the house.

Soon I reach the door yo where the beautiful music is coming from. I slowly open the door.

I peak MT head in to see Ares sitting in front of a white piano. His back is facing me so he can't see me.

Not making a sound I walk into the room.

It was beautifuly decorated.

The piano was in the middle of the room with a really light grey fluffy carpet under it, large windows letting the morning light in. The walks are a very light beige, with some white bookshelves connected to the wall. There were gold pieces of decoration on the bookshelves after the books.

As I take in my surroundings the music slowly starts to fade.

"Morning love"

I turn to look back at my boyfriend.

"Goodmorning" I say smiling as I walk toward him.

"Did you sleep well?"

"As always, yes" I stand in front of him looking down slightly into his eyes.

"Mamá is making breakfast so we can just hang out for a while."

"Okay, sounds good to me."

Something about Ares was very happy today. Not saying he's not happy, just extra happy.

It made me feel happy too, but then again I'm always happy around him.

Ares pulls me wrapping his arms around my waist and rests his head on my stomach. My hands go to his hair and I start play with his hair.

After a few minutes we hear his mom calling us to go eat.

I stop playing with his hair so he could get up.

He's now standing in front of me, just looking down into my eyes.

"What?" I say with a small laugh. "Do I look bad? Tired? Why do you keep looking at me like that? Ares-"

I'm cut off by his lips being pushed against mine. I quickly lean into the kiss as he deepens it.

It wasn't a soft kiss but wasn't a heated kiss. It's hard to explain, but it felt like we both needed that kiss at that moment.

We pull away out of breath before hearing his Mom call us again.

"We should go eat." Ares says pressing his forehead against mine.

"Yeah, come on."

We pull away from each other's embrace before Ares intertwines his fingers with mine.

He walks in front of me. I follow close behind. We talked lightly and we let out small laughs. The walk to the kitchen wasn't that long but we walked at a slow pace in no rush to get to our destination.

We get to the dinner table hand in hand. Ares's dad is sitting on one end of the table and his mom is walking around the kitchen getting everything together.

Her baby bump was slowly starting to show. She has to be at least a month or two pregnant.

I quickly let go of Ares's hand and make my way to the kitchen.

"Here let me help with those," I say taking the plates she had in her hands to the table.

"Thank you dear,but it's okay. I've got it." She says giving me a small smile.

"No, you should be sitting down, having a nice cup of tea and resting not having to do other things." I say returning a warm smile.

"Thank you" She says softly before making her way to the living room.

I grab a pot, put some water in it, and let it boil.

I take the food to the table, prepare everything.

Ares and his father were talking at the table.

On my last trip to the table to place all of the civil wear. I go back to the kitchen. Grabbing a light pink mug, putting the small pack of tea inside and wrap the string on the handle.

As I'm done with that I take the mug with me and pour the water inside.

I walk to Ares's mom handing her the warm tea.

"Thank you again Ezra. You are such a sweetheart. We are very lucky to have you" She smiles.

"The pleasure is all mine." I say with a wide smile.

I walk over to the table and see the two guys eating. I take a seat, serve myself my food, and start eating.

~~~

I finished eating and am now washing the dishes.

I yawn as I finish washing the last plate in the sink.

I dry my hands and walk past the livingroom.

As I'm walking past I see both of Ares's parents on the couch wrapped in a blanket. Ares's mother is resting on her husband's chest as they are both sleeping peacefully.

I feel two arms wrap around me and I let out a small gasp.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just happy to see your parents happy." I say smiling.

I feel him rest his head on my shoulder.

"That can be us one day. Soon maybe?"

"I would love to have something like that, but were still in high school Ares. I want it to take time, settle down, before thinking about starting a family yet."

"I know amor, I just wanted you to say it" He says snuggling his face onto my neck.

"Let's go watch a movie, yeah?"

"Okay." He says before pulling away and leading me to his room.

We pick a random movie and lay down.

Ares lays on between my legs as I play with his hair. I stop paying attention to the movie as I focus on his hair.

A few seconds later I hear small snores coming from Ares.

I smile to myself before turning off the TV, and continue to play with his hair.

I love this man. I don't think anything can change that. He's my happiness. The reason I look forward to my day. The reason I want to wake up and go to sleep everyday.

He makes me want to be a better person everyday. I love him with my all. And I know he does too.

I slowly start to drift to sleep as I freak about what our future might be together.

One day.

A/N: I'm trying to keep my word guys!! It's kinda working not gonna lie. BTW I was gonna update yesterday but completely forgot so I'm sorry. I like this chapter it isn't a whole lot but I like it. Can you guys tell I'm lonely and feel very single? If you do, that exactly how I feel 😞. Anyhow hope you had, have, or are having a good day. Love you all, stay safe!! <3

Words 1177