CHAPTER - 14

Y/N's POV :

I showered and got ready as soon as I could because I was running late for an important meeting. I usually reach my office earlier than the scheduled time but for some reason I just didn't wake up at the right time today. The worst part is I even forget to set my alarm yesterday because I was too tired.

I sat in my car and drove toward the company trying to not speed up because it was dangerous

I sat in my car and drove toward the company trying to not speed up because it was dangerous. As soon as I reached there, I quickly jumped out of my car and walked toward the private elevator which is only for me and my family members to use.

After I reached my floor, I stepped out and walked toward the meeting room. My secretary, Jisoo was already waiting for me there. When she saw me she silently followed me.

Everyone stood up when I entered. I signalled them to sit down, also taking my place at the end of the table.

When everyone was settled down, I said "Let's start, shall we?"

[Skip]

After the meeting ended I walked out of there and entered my office. I removed my blazer and put it on the chair then sat, sighing in relief.

The meeting went on for three-four hours straight which really tired me out. Three years as the CEO but I am still not used to attend these types of meetings and I think I never will but I have already learned to keep a stoic expression on my face rather than showing them my tiredness.

Jisoo came after sometime to discuss some important topics with me. As soon as she left, I didn't even had the time to take a breath before my mom entered.

I sighed again because I know the reason she was here.

"You sigh a lot." she said comfortably taking a seat on the couch.

"I have heard it before." I said.

"So, have you thought about taking Mr. Kim's daughter on a date?"

"Mom, I already told you I'm not interested in her."

"But why? She is beautiful and all. Besides, one date will not do any harm."

"Yes, she is beautiful but she is not someone I want to spend my life with. I don't want to get her hopes up by taking her out because I know I'm never going to fall for her mom. Please understand."

She glared at me and said "Then tell me who are you going to spend your life with?"

I couldn't speak after that because she left me speechless. I don't know how to answer that question. I groaned and put my head on the desk not saying anything after that.

After sometime my mom finally break the awkward silence that has engulfed us for a few minutes.

"I will not force you to meet Mr. Kim's daughter anymore Y/N but you need to tell what really happened with you. It's been seven years and I still don't know anything about the girl who stole my daughter's heart. We respected when you said you wanted some time but don't you think seven years are enough?"

I sighed and looked up at my mom.

I think it's time to finally tell her about it.

[Skip]

“Cheers my friend !!” I said to the moon, “Though broken and incomplete, we both haven't given up our light yet.”

I was in my balcony, sipping on my beer while talking with the moon. Some peaope will find it weird to talk with the moon but they don't know moon is actually a friend for all the lonesome people out there in the world.

I have Mina, my parents and my grandma to talk with but I still liked to chat with moon sometimes.

It gives me peace.

Today, I told my mom about everything because I was left with no other choice. I am really lucky because she never judged me. I should have told her about it sooner but you can't blame me for being scared. It's not normal to still love your high school teacher even after years of graduation.

<sigh>

I always wonder if she is happily married with Taehyung or if she have kids. So many questions are inside my head with no one to answer them.

I have seen Taehyung alot of times in business events over the years but he was always alone, with no one beside him. Maybe she don't like these type of events, that's why she refused to attend them with him?

The last time I saw her was on the day we graduated. We never met again after that. I miss her alot. I wish I would have atleast told her about my feelings. Maybe after getting rejected from her would have helped me to move on?

Who knows?

I sighed and got up when I realised it was time to sleep. I was still in my work clothes so I went to my closet to change into something comfortable. I wasn't in the mood to shower today neither I had any appetite to eat anything. I took out my clothes and was about to close it when my eyes fell on a hoodie.

The same hoodie she wore.

I still have it.

It's still in a good shape because I never wore it again. Her scent is still lingering in this hoodie.

I smiled sadly then changed into sweatpants and t-shirt. I brushed my teeth then quickly jumped on my bed. A satisfying sigh left my lips, as soon as my back hit the mattress.

After sometime, I fell asleep dreaming about her wearing my hoodie.

____________________

HOW SPECIAL TO HAVE A MEMORY
THAT'S TRIGGERED BY A SCENT,
A SONG,
A SUBTLE CHANGE IN THE WIND.

HOW SOUL CRUSHING THE REALISATION
WE CAN NOT CONTROL
WHEN THEY EMERGE
AND HOW RUTHLESSLY THEY HIT.