CHAPTER - 23

LISA's POV :

I keep looking at them with a blank look on my face, while they were playing basketball. It was the weekend so Rosé, Mina, Chaeyoung and Y/N brought me to a basketball court. They were not really focusing on the game though, they were just arguing and goofing around.

My heart thumped erratically in my chest when I saw her laughing at something Mina said. I slowly turned my gaze away from her, not really liking the effect she had on me. I have tried so hard to not let her affect me but I have failed miserably every damn time.

Six years ago when I literally went through hell, I stopped responding to anyone because I was too traumatized to do that. As the time went by, I found it peaceful so I never tried to come out of my shell and never tried to get better.

I had no reason to do that.

Until she came.

Four months ago, she came out of nowhere and destroyed my peace. At first, I was just hoping for her to leave me because I knew she was just wasting her time on me but she never did.

Day by day, all those feelings I had for her years ago came crashing down on me.

In reality, I never stopped loving her but after seeing her again, my love for her only grew stronger.

She wasn't a high school teenager anymore.

She is a 25 year adult with so many responsibilities on her shoulders. She have grew alot in past few years, mentally and physically. She is not the same girl, who used to wear hoodies everyday - everywhere. The girl who used to stay silent infront of me and stare at me whenever she thought I wasn't looking.

She have changed a lot.

In the black and white movie of my life, she came and showered me with rainbows. I am still not aware why she is wasting her time on a paralysed and poor person like me.

She can have anyone she wants. Whenever she took me out for a drive or to the park I have noticed how girls looked at her. It's not a surprising thing because she is everyone's dream. She can be with someone of her age unlike me.

I don't have anything to give her back in return but she still looked at me like I was the most beautiful thing to ever exist on this earth.

I don't want to admit it but I was healing, little by little.

It scared me too because I knew I still had a long way to go.

What if she get tired of me and leave me?

What if she realise that she was just wasting her time on me?

I think it's better if she will leave me because people will laugh at her for being with me.

A billionaire with a paralysed women with nothing on her name.

<sigh>

I was pulled off from my thoughts by a loud yelling voice. I slowly turned to look where it came from but my heart rate picked up when I saw a basketball coming toward my face.

I was panicking but I still kept that blank look on my face. But before it can reach my face someone stopped it from hitting me.

It was Y/N.

She quickly threw the ball away and came toward me. Before I knew, I was being wrapped up in her arms. My cold heart was melting from her warmth. While I was focused to stop the blush which was fighting to spread across my cheeks, she keep scolding Mina for being careless.

She slowly pulled back from the hug and looked at me.

"Are you alright?" she asked me with her voice filled with worry but I didn't said anything and turned my gaze away from her. I know it hurt her everytime I didn't responded to anything she said or did but I can't stop myself from doing so.

After that happened, they decided to go back to their houses and take me back to hospital. During the whole ride, I kept looking at my feet, as always. After they settled me on the bed, Rosé went away to bring my food, while Y/N stayed here and started talking about literally everything, as always.

It was weirdly cute, how she didn't knew what to talk about and often started ranting about her work. I would have found it boring but I liked her voice.

She never really talked back in high school days and it was good to finally hear her talk even if sometimes it was about weird things.

I think I should give myself a chance to let go of my past and try to accept her love but I am not really sure about it.

I sighed internally and decided to just wait a little more before making any decisions because she have the power to destroy me too. I won't admit it but my poor heart already made it's decision and was secretly hoping for her to not leave me.

____________________
WIPE AWAY MY TEARS,
AND DON'T LET GO OF MY HAND.
THERE'S NO NEED FOR ANY FEARS,
IF YOUR ARMS ARE THE PLACE I WILL LAND.