21:37 ⏤POOL BOY! (pool boy james x rich daughter reader)

sum. : james gets himself a summer job cleaning rich people's pools and finds himself frequenting a particular household, not that he's complaining

g. : fluff ; modern au ; muggle au ; pool boy james ; rich daughter reader

length : 1.4k

not proofread or edited

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Are you able to do it today?" the man at the door asks as he reaches into his back pocket for something. James was just about to agree when the man pulled out a wad of cash from his wallet, "I'll pay you upfront, is £100 enough?"

Puffing out his chest and grinning widely, James nods, "That's perfect sir, thank you, I'll start right away,"

"Great, come with me," the man leads him through the spacious house and out to the back garden which had a relatively impressive looking pool taking up the space, "the wind lately has swept a lot of the leaves into the pool and it's a mess; my daughter has been itching for a swim as well so I'm sure she'll be happy with this. Thanks uhh..." James grasps the man's outstretched hand for a shake, still beaming.

"It's James, sir,"

"I'm Richard, you can find all the pool cleaning equipment you need in that shed over there," he points to a shed at the far corner of the back garden, "don't worry about the lock, it's not fastened. Thanks again, James," as soon as Richard leaves to re-enter the house, James gets to work on the pool. There's a distant shout from within the home and thudding footfalls but James pays it no mind, happy with the easy work and the new addition to his university allowance for the following academic year.

Half an hour passes and the pool is pristine again; James smiles to himself, proud of his hard work, while wiping the sweat off his brow with the back of hand.

"Hey!" James snaps his head around to see the most gorgeous girl he has ever seen walking up to him in a flowy summer dress. Doesn't she know how crazy guys get over girls in cute summer dresses? He was about to make a fool of himself but quite composes his exterior, it's not how he was raised nor how he wants to be seen since he can make the safe assumption that you're Richard's daughter, "Thanks for cleaning up our pool," you grin up at James and reach out to shake his hand, "you're James, right?"

"Uhh, yeah, nice to meet you..." he shakes your hand after wiping the sweat off his palms on his cargo shorts.

"I'm (Y/N), a pleasure," you then turn to the clean pool, your smile beaming, "I can't wait to take a swim! You did a great job,"

"Please," James bows whilst gesturing to the pool, "it's ready for all your swimming pleasure," James's smile grows wider at your twinkling laugh.

"Thank you very much once again, sir James," you do a cute little curtsy with the skirt of your short dress and James is smiling fondly at you, a rosy blush flourishing over his cheeks from how cute you were.

"Well, I should really leave you to it," James starts, not really wanting to leave since you're so captivating but knows that he shouldn't overstay his welcome.

"Oh, before you go," you pipe up, "would you mind giving us your phone number for when we need our pool cleaned again?" James hesitates for a moment, not expecting your offer but he didn't want to reject such a cute girl either - even if you only wanted his number to clean your pool.

"I think that's a great idea, princess," a familiar voice adds and James turns to see Richard stepping out of the house with a grin.

"Right, dad?" you agree giddily before finding James a pen and a sticky note to write his number on before he leaves with his cash payment.