POLY MARAUDERS | FILIPINO COOKING (filipino reader x marauders)

request. : Could i request a 🍪 with poly!marauders x filo!reader, please? Maybe reader decides to make traditional filipino food for dinner and the boys ask reader some questions while eating since they're interested in learning about the culture and the multiple languages too? I'm not sure if this is too much, so feel free to do whatever you'd like!

requested by lyne-lyne on tumblr

length : 0.5k

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"What was that, James?" you ask, looking up from your food at the man in question. His mouth was stuffed full of food so it was no wonder that you didn't understand a word he said.

"Chew your food first, James," Remus scolds as Sirius laughs at James's hilarious appearance, jabbing at his shoulder with a finger before quickly returning to his own plate of food.

"This is the most delicious thing I've ever tasted!" James finally praises after chewing through his mouthful and swallowing, "I didn't know chicken could taste so good!" he continues as you smile humbly, trying to restrain your ear-to-ear grin and making your cheeks hurt.

"James is right," Sirius agrees with a lick of his lips, "just wow! You're such a good cook and this adobo is addicting!" knowing that Sirius grew up eating very refined dishes from the renowned gastronome of french cuisine, his flattering words filled your heart with warmth and pride. You were nervous to cook for them at first but they begged and pleaded with you, insisting on the basis that they wanted to know more about your culture. Naturally, food was the first thing you thought of. Now, you have a feeling that they would be begging you to cook Filipino cuisine for them weekly, maybe even multiple times a week.

"If you think that's good, you guys need to try this pork dish..." Remus looks towards you with a pause that you are quick to pick up on.

"It's called Lechon Kawali," Remus thanks you with a smile and a nod before continuing.

"The brown sauce goes so well with it too," the brunette continues, dipping a pork piece into the sauce and humming in content from the flavour that explodes in his mouth. It's such a new but pleasant taste that he becomes a little upset that you didn't cook for them sooner; such recipes needed sharing and wider recognition.

"Thank you," you giggle, realising that Remus had abandoned his utensils in favour of eating with his hands, only using his spoon for the rice when balancing out the flavours.

"If you're gonna suggest that then save some for us, Moony," Sirius whines upon looking over and realising that Remus was making good progress on eating up the lechon.

"You snooze, you lose, Padfoot," it was rare to see such flagrant delinquent behaviour from Remus that even James stopped eating before laughing loudly.

"Good food really is the way to a man's heart," James chuckles, eventually settling on staring at you adoringly from across the table.

"Very true," Remus agrees without opposition and gives a casual shrug.

"After this, I might have to go and buy a ring, huh, Dollface?" Sirius winks at you and, for once, you can't tell whether he's being playful or earnest.

With a racing heart, you stand from the table and slowly back away to the kitchen, "h-how about dessert?" your suggestion immediately makes their eyes light up, "There's Bibingka and Turon,"

Sirius smirks, eyeing you up and down, "sounds delicious, dollface,"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

a/n : thank you again for requesting this, darling, it feels so good to know i have my fellow filipinos out there supporting me too!