DANCING IN THE RAIN

request. : James having planned an elaborate date of outdoor activities with reader (gender neutral, pls!), only for it to rain. They'd been on their way to the first place when the storm begun. He thought the reader was going to be upset that the day had been ruined, but, instead, when the pair had made it back to the reader's flat, the reader insisted on dancing in the rain. Just giggly and slow swaying together until they're both shivering messes and have to go back inside because of how cold they are <3

requested by aresriot on tumblr

length : 0.4k

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I'm sorry, James," you frown as you turn to your love, frowning deeper at his obvious disappointment, "I know you took so much time to plan all of today,"

James musters a half-smile for you and leans over the middle console to press a kiss to your lips, "it's alright," he stares into your eyes for a moment, searching for your emotions on the current circumstance, "I'm just sorry it's ruined," he sighs as the pattering of rain against the car roof pummels his ear drums, further highlighting the cause for his frustration and disappointment.

"Hey, it's okay, no one could have predicted this - it's the uk," you comfort with a giggle that he reciprocates and kiss him sweetly, drawing a smile from his once dispirited face.

"Let's get inside where it's warm then," he suggests, "I'll go out with the umbrella first so wait for me to get to you okay?" he doesn't wait for an answer before he's stepping out into the cold, pelting storm and turns to rush over to your side but stops in his tracks when he sees that you've already stepped out. Despite immediately getting soaked by the rain, you're grinning wider than ever.

"The day isn't ruined just yet!" you lift your arms as you laugh into the cold air, facing the sky and getting rained even more, "there are two types of people in the world, James!" a slow smile stretches across James's face as he remembers one of your favourite sayings.

'...there are those who just get wet and those who dance in the rain'

"Are you asking me for a dance?!" James shouts through the noisy rain, laughing at your own silly dancing.

"Hell Yes!" you shout back. His only answer was to drop his umbrella and pull you close for an energetic waltz in the rain. The rain no longer pounded against his ears, instead, all James could hear was your melodic laugh. 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

a/n : this turned out super cute! omg! thank you for the request, darling, i hope you enjoy the read!