Money in the Bank (2023)

Chapter Eleven | Money in the Bank (2023)

The pay-per-view began with the men's Money in the Bank ladder match, featuring Damian Priest, Ricochet, and Shinsuke Nakamura from Raw, LA Knight, Butch, and Santos Escobar from SmackDown, and Logan Paul. At the start of the match, all of the wrestlers took Paul out of the ring. Paul and Priest agreed to an alliance to take down the other participants.

However, Priest ended the alliance quickly. Paul performed a Frog Splash on Priest onto a ladder. Back in the ring, Butch took Nakamura down and applied a sleeper hold on Escobar on a bridged ladder, only for Ricochet to break it up with a 450 splash. Priest performed The Reckoning on Butch, Knight suplexed Priest off the ladder, Paul performed a Blockbuster on Knight, Ricochet performed a Shooting Star Press on Paul, and Escobar performed a Phantom Driver on Ricochet. Butch then performed a Moonsault from a ladder onto the crowd.

With Ricochet and Paul on top of a ladder, Knight tipped it over. On the top of the ladder, Butch snapped Priest's fingers, but was knocked off by Priest. Priest then fended off Escobar and Nakamura before performing a Broken Arrow from the top of the ladder on Knight. Finally, Priest unhooked the briefcase to win the match.

Next, Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler defended the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship against Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez. Baszler had control of Morgan until Morgan tagged in Rodriguez, who performed a Powerslam on Rousey for a nearfall. As Morgan attempted Oblivion, Baszler countered into a German Suplex and applied the Kirifuda Clutch, but Morgan escaped.

Shortly after tagging in Rousey, Baszler turned on her and applied the Kirifuda Clutch before leaving. Afterwards, Rodriguez and Morgan performed the Tejana Bomb/Oblivion combo on Rousey to win the titles for a second time.

In the third match, Gunther defended the Intercontinental Championship against Matt Riddle. During the match, Riddle landed on his feet during a German Suplex attempt, but tweaked his ankle. Riddle performed a Floating Bro on Gunther for a nearfall. In the climax, Gunther performed a Powerbomb for a nearfall. Gunther then applied a half crab on the injured ankle and followed up with slaps to it, followed by a leglock to force Riddle to submit to retain the title.

After the match, Drew McIntyre, in his first appearance since Night 2 of WrestleMania 39, stared at Gunther. McIntyre then performed a Claymore Kick on Gunther before standing tall with the Intercontinental Championship belt.

After that, Cody Rhodes took on Dominik Mysterio (accompanied by Rhea Ripley). In the climax, after Rhodes performed a Disaster Kick on Mysterio for a nearfall, Ripley distracted Rhodes. Mysterio tried to take advantage with a 619, but Rhodes countered it with an Alabama Slam, and followed up with a Cody Cutter and Cross Rhodes to win the match.

Next, John Cena, in his first appearance since Night 1 of WrestleMania 39, made a surprise appearance. He gave a promo about London and wanting to bring WrestleMania there. Grayson Waller interrupted, stating that he preferred WrestleMania to be in Australia. Waller then talked about Cena's previous losses and pitched the greatest "Grayson Waller Effect" at WrestleMania with Cena as the special guest. Waller then attacked Cena from behind, but as he gloated, Cena performed an Attitude Adjustment on Waller to end the segment.

The fifth match was the women's Money in the Bank ladder match, featuring Bayley, Iyo Sky, and Zelina Vega from SmackDown and Becky Lynch, Trish Stratus, and Zoey Stark from Raw. Sky and Bayley ascended opposite sides of a ladder when Lynch tipped it over. Lynch then fended off Stark before Stratus headscissored Lynch into the corner.

Lynch and Sky were able to momentarily subdue Stratus, and Vega managed to use Stratus as a bridge between two ladders to climb the taller one. Sky performed a Moonsault off the ladder onto the crowd. Vega leaped off a ladder onto Lynch. Stark and Stratus decided to double-team Lynch and place a handcuff on one of her wrists, but Lynch cleared the announce table and sent Stratus over it.