𝘖𝘴𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘥𝘰 𝘊𝘢𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘳𝘢 | 𝘕𝘰 𝘔𝘦 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘥𝘢 𝘔𝘢𝘴

Desc: You listen and sing-along to a song about friendship that was supposed to be love as Oswaldo finds you to confess his love for you. Song: No me queda mas by Selena

------

I heard the faint sound of trumpets in my ear as I slowly curled up against my pillow. Oswaldo recently announced to me that he had gotten with his ex.

'No me queda mas,' 

(There is nothing left for me,)

I have this song on repeat because it truly plays out the story of me and Oswaldo. I've been truly in love since I met him and we've never been more than just friends but I knew in my heart that he loves me too.

'que perderme en un abismo, de tristeza y lágrimas.' 

(then to lose myself in an abyss of sadness and tears.)

All I could do was cry when he told me. Knowing he was with someone else pained me more than anything because he needed to be with me. I didn't want to be with anybody but Oswaldo as he was my first and only love.

'No me queda mas,'

(There is nothing left for me,)

There truly was nothing left for me as all I could do was cry without being in the arms of the man I truly loved. As he was probably in the arms of his girlfriend.

--

Except he wasn't, he was in his car, his head in his hands thinking about how much he hated being with the woman he was with. Because at the end of the day he wanted to be with you.

--

'que aguantar mi derrota, y brindarte felicidad.'

(then to accept my defeat, and wish you happiness.)

All I could do was accept the defeat, all I could do was wish him happiness if I wanted to stay in his life, not as his girl but as his best friend.

--

Oswaldo turned the key to his car, before driving off. The drive to your house was only ten minutes away but he couldn't help but feel like it was an eternity. His stomach churned as he knew the only word left to say to you were 'I love you'.

--

'No me queda mas.'

(There is nothing left for me)

I continued sobbing in my bed. I hate myself for falling in love with a man who happens to make everyone fall in love with him.

'Si tu regreso hoy seria, una imposibilidad.'

(If your return today were, an impossibility.)

Oswaldo was with her once, then they broke up. He wouldn't have gotten back with her if it were a mistake right? 

--

Wrong.

Oswaldo knew he had made a mistake as soon as he told you he and his ex were back together. Even saying the words made him sick to his stomach.