Ep.5 ★ the runaways+ drum demon

Thank you so much for reading❤️
This chapter will be a little long to make us for all the short chapters👆
-i kinda forgot when they meet tamoyo and yushiro but im positive its after the swamp demons!
(Im trying to put on what the ships the chapters are mostly going to have)
.zentan
.inotan
.tamayoxtanjro
.yushiroxtanjiro
.randomxtanjiro
(All one sided)

Tanjiro pov

It didn't take me very long to go to my destination, at most i would get there in two hours. But i wanted to stop by a town maybe eat a bit before going to my next mission.
The town was very bright, back home it was almost pitch black during the night time.

But right now it appears as day time.

I walked around a bit in hopes of finding a food store becuase all the ones i came across were jewelry, antiques, etc.

'Ugh this smell is killing my nose' i scrunched my nose at an attempt to ignore the smell.
Walking around some more i eventually wondered near a small shop that sold udon and other goods. "Hi, could i get a bowl of udon with some packeged rice balls?" I asked the man happily nodded.

A few minutes later the man came back holding a steamin bowl of udon along with some packaged rice balls. "Here, also a little extra on the house!" He smiled at me before going back to his shop. 'Extra?' I looked in the bag to find some sweets that i didnt order.

I began eating my bowl of udon almost burning off my tounge multiple times. Eating peacefully no worries, thats when a scent caught my nose almost like a brick hitting you in the face. I dropped my bowl, it broke splattering everywhere. 'T-thats the scent from my house... is the person who murdered my family here!?...' without another thought i grabbed my bag before sprinted towards the smell. Not caring if i bumbed or shoved, i need to face this person and i swear I'll kill them.

'Im getting closer' the scent was awful, it lead to a middle aged looking man. I grabbed his shoulder making him halt. "Excuse me, do i know you?" He said turning around.

(Keep in mind tanjiro is basically like yoriichi so hes ganna be scared💀)

Our eyes meet and i swore i could see him begin to sweat, "you... it was you wasnt it." I said gradually getting louder. He started trembling with what I assumed was fear, "daddy whats wrong?" A small voice whispered. "N-nothing sweety, i think y-you have me confused with someone else." He trembled trying to put on a brave act.

"So you have a child... what a joke!" I yelled getting the attention from bystanders. I could see he was terrified, "do you know how long i wanted to make you pay... for taking my sibling!" I yelled once more grabbing my katana ready to murder the guy.

He didnt say anything just a petrified stare, he tembled before quickly growing his nails and scratching someone's neck. "L-lets go." He said grabbing his child.

Before i could do anything the man whoose neck had been scrathched started growling violently. "Hunny whats wrong?" The woman asked placing a hand on the now demons back. AHHHH!! The woman shrieked, the demon was now on top of the woman overpowering her easily. 'fuck! Hes getting away! Stupid! Stupid you could have killed him already!' I thought. I tackled the man that had turned into a demon, wrestling a bit i maneged to restrain him. Looking back, i saw that filthy man holding his child in a protective manner.

"MUZAN KIBUTSUJI I WILL FIND YOU! I WILL CHASE YOU TO FUCKING HELL IF I HAVE TO! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, YOU SICK FUCK!" I yelled whith intense anger i felt my vocal cords struggling.

I saw him tremble before quickly walking away with his 'family'. "AGH!" The demon yelled under me trying to bite. "WHATS GOING ON HERE!?" About five police officers appered, we were creating a big commosion after all.