Chapter 8 : Wary and Questions

The sun finally rose, and the chaos that happened last night was finally put to rest, but the memories of those moments can't be easily forgotten, as if it were a healed wound where the scars still remained.

Rimuru's pov

We're currently heading towards the Chungmuro station. To be precise, it was me, Kim Dokja, Yoo Sangah, Lee Hyunsung, Lee Gilyoung and Jung Heewon.

The other survivors from last night already left, while others stayed at Geumho station.

As we were on our way, we encountered monsters, the ground rats. These monsters keep appearing, and the others are now exhausted killing them.

Due to that, I'm the one who's leading them, or more like in the front line. I can't complain though, as a matter of fact, I'm actually happy to show of my skills!..

{...}

'come on Great Sage, isn't it good to feel this for a while?. The others seemed to admire me for being in the front lines, and Ive gained profit from the Constellations just by doing this!.. isn't it killing two birds in one stone?.'

As I was having those thoughts, two ground rats suddenly charged at me, but I was able to react fast, with one swing from my newly hand-made sword that I learned crafting from Kim Dokja, I was able to severe their heads.

'oh.. it isn't a bird, but killing two rats with one swing.. well.. what's the difference?.. anyways, I shouldve gained that guy's trust now right?..'

{Negative. Others might see you as a hero sacrificing his life on the front line full of monsters, but your actions only make him wary of you, seeing how strong you are, and how you were able to last this long without breaking a sweat.}, The Great Sage replied.

'thats pretty understandable..'

While I was having those thoughts, I was facing Kim Dokja's direction.

"Umm..., Is there something on my face?.." Kim Dokja asked.

Hearing Kim Dokja's question, I snapped back from those thoughts and quickly averted my face from his direction.

"Sorry..., I zoned out again..." I reasoned with a girly shy voice to make it look more charming, this is my way of getting out of troubles.

'Seeing this would make his heart flutter right?.'..

But seeing his reaction, that flat face he's making right now..., it's making me embarrassed by my own actions.

{The individual 'Kim Dokja' knows you are a male...} The Great Sage flatly remarked.

'Well.., that's more embarrassing.., this guy won't fall for my charm, he knows I'm a trap...'

I covered my face using my left hand due to embarrassment, even though I'm wearing a mask.

The other's could only stare at me with confusion, especially that Kim Dokja guy...

After a few minutes, we finally arrived in the new station, I looked at the walls and saw a sign saying 'Dongsuk University'.

"Let's rest here for a moment." Kim Dokja said.

So we rested their for a few minutes, the two women went to the bathroom and Jung Heewon asked me if want to come but I refused, then Hyunsung and Gilyoung went next, except for Kim Dokja who said he's going to the surface for pilgrimage.

I was sitting on the floor with a few items we found, I waited for them to come back, but my curiosity made me stood up and go follow Kim Dokja.

[You have been exposed to a poisonous fog.]