Chapter 25 : Impending Battle - 2

Rimuru's POV:

'Dear Zegion and Apito... How are you guys? If I come back to Tempest, I'll bring you a new friend to work with..'

I jumped off the ground and flew to avoid a stinger.

'Or an enemy to kill..'

I glared at the figure below me. Her white hair was flipping through the breeze. Her lips were reddening like blood. She was beautiful, indeed.

Beautiful, like blood in the snow.

But despite her appearance, her beauty hides the monster within her. And by within her, I meant it literally.

"Get off the air and fight me on the ground.." the white-haired woman said as she sent a glare at me.

"Am I your subject to command?.." I replied.

The woman tried to say something. But before she could say anything, a sword came towards her neck.

Fortunately for her, she dodged it on time and leaped away from the attacker. Her nails grew in height, and their edges were enhanced, making them sharper than a knife.

She bared her fangs at the man who attempted to slash her neck, and I watched them in amusement.

'Well, this is fun..'

.

.

.

.

Multiple strikes and thrusts were launched at the woman, but she avoided all of them with precise movements.

Her agility and speed kept her unharmed from the attacks, but it looks like her vessel isn't going to last much longer.

Unlike the woman, Yoo Junghyuk kept attacking with much more precision. His sword curving on the air as he swiftly slashed through it like nothing.

But no matter what he did, the woman kept dodging all of his attacks.

"Want me to help?.." I offered to Yoo Junghyuk as I sat on top of a street light. I swung my legs as it stood on nothing but air.

Yoo Junghyuk didn't reply and just continued his attacks.

He attacked like he was just doing it with no emotions or desires, except for killing. But I could sense it, despite his ferocity, there was a slight hesitation conflicting inside him.

It wasn't because he's obvious, but rather because of me being too knowledgeable.

{...}

'You better not.'

Anyway, normal humans would think that he's a cruel killer who has no mercy. But for me? I'm not normal.. I'm not even a human.

' I'm not entirely sure...'

There was an invisible turmoil on his face that only I could see. His face was blank as a white board, yet a trace of guilt still could be seen.

That alone was enough to make me realize the situation.

'So she was....' I nodded in my own thoughts.

They definitely had a past.

I don't know why, but that was kind of painful to know.

'It's not like I'm jealous or sad because they have a past or anything..'

{...}

{Your emotions says otherwise...}