Chapter 27 : Death For The Living Question

The sky was shining brightly due to the trail of the meteor falling like a shooting star. The people all over the world who were victims of the apocalypse began to say their prayers, hoping to live another day.

Rimuru kept striding as he carried the beautiful man in his arms. It wouldn't paint the picture if people saw a fragile-looking guy carrying a buff man. But that wasn't something to worry about.

People are dead here anyway

Or at least not one.

"Hey, wake up." Rimuru shook the woman's shoulder until her eyes began to stir awake and landed on him. "You're safe now."

He placed Yoo Junghyuk on the ground beside her before offering a hand and a reassuring smile to her. "I won't hurt you," he said in a soothing voice, calming the tense face of the beautiful woman below him.

It took a few seconds to pass by, until she reluctantly accepted his hand and sat down in a comfortable position. Her body was sore; a few scratches could be seen on her arms—anything minor, no blood. The Parasite Queen really used her body recklessly, and seeing that made Rimuru feel empathetic.

{Analysis complete. The individual's body has no remaining parasites.}

That information cleared things up, and so he did what he wanted. He reached out his right hand towards the woman and stopped it a few inches before his finger could even land on her. The reason why is because of how the woman's eyes were etched with fear as they looked directly at him, like she was looking at a monster.

But that didn't stop him from helping her, because monsters have hearts too.

"May I?" The gentleness in his voice soothed the woman's heart, until it was evident that fear was replaced by tears once she felt the warming glow emanating from him. 

Rimuru could see the tears falling as she nodded, and so he gently touched her shoulder. What came after washed away the pain from the woman's sore body, until no trail of scratch could be seen on the surface of her beauty.

"My name is Han Rimuru."

He introduced his name, looking at the silver-haired woman, and then she replied.

"Lee Seolhwa. That's my name."

.

.

.

"I wonder where that meteor is," Rimuru asked himself as he looked around his surroundings, covered in flying dust and smoke—results from the fight earlier.

{Turn right.}  The Great Sage said, and he immediately complied.

It didn't take long for him to find the erected meteor on the ground. Bodies were lying around it, forming a pool of blood drenching all over the cold floor.

Just one look from Rimuru's eyes, and he could already tell that it was out of this world. The eerie aura it gave off was even frightening for insects—not a single life form was close to being exposed to its coating aura.

Rimuru took a step back. "So this is the real thing, huh?"

He was contemplating on whether he should just eat it or not. But that would be unfair, right?

Who cares anyway?

It was a risky move, and he was about to eat the meteor. Not until a bulb of idea lit up inside him.

'Aha!' Rimuru exulted inside his mind and praised himself for having such a brilliant idea.

And by brilliant idea, he meant—