Chapter 8~⁠♪

Next day, as Deruth and Violan agreed to engage both Cale and Athanasia, since Cale already agreed to it, Cale thought it was about Athanasia being his personal maid.

After the news of their engagement, Athanasia's heart sank. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. "What the hell??" she thought to herself. "I didn't sign up for this. I thought I would just be a personal maid for Cale, but why did I become his fiancée? I didn't know this misunderstanding would come to this."

Faking tears, Athanasia sighed, realizing that the bad feeling she had yesterday was a premonition of this unexpected turn of events

Faking tears, Athanasia sighed, realizing that the bad feeling she had yesterday was a premonition of this unexpected turn of events. "I wish I trusted my instincts," she thought, feeling her once peaceful life now ruined because of this.

Filled with a mix of emotions, Athanasia rushed to Cale's room and opened the door, only to find Ron serving a tea and Cale already awake. Ron noticed her appearance and congratulated Lady Athanasia for her engagement to Young Master Cale. Athanasia forced a smile and thanked Ron, quickly telling him that she and Cale needed to discuss something important. Ron nodded understandingly and left the room.

Athanasia gazed at Cale, who was calmly sitting and sipping his tea

Her heart was pounding as she tried to find the right words. "Cale... what did you do??" she finally asked, trying to grasp the situation.

Cale looked at Athanasia with a slight smile,

his gaze warm and reassuring. "Well, I guess even though I said that I wanted you to be by my side (as my personal maid), sadly, my family misunderstood this," he explained. "But don't worry, I'm still happy that you'll be with me. Besides, now that we're engaged, it means you'll officially be mine, and I'll make sure to protect you and cherish you."

Athanasia's mind was racing with a whirlwind of emotions. She couldn't quite believe what she was hearing. This wasn't the Cale/Kim Rok Soo she knew – the stoic young man who rarely showed his emotions. Now, he seemed so different, so openly expressive. It made her suspicious, but deep down, she couldn't help but wonder if he was being genuine.

Summoning her courage, she asked, "Are you really Kim Rok Soo?" Her voice was laced with skepticism as she tried to make sense of the situation.

Cale chuckled softly