Chapter 30~⁠♪

Hello, this chapter primarily focuses on Cale Pov...

Cale's reverberated through the chaotic scene, a plea for help cutting through the tumultuous atmosphere. "Call the priest, hurry!"

In response, voices joined in a chorus of urgency, the desperate calls for aid echoing in the air as the group collectively beckoned the priest to hasten.

Cale's arms wrapped protectively around Athanasia, his embrace a mixture of concern and resolve.

A cascade of emotions surged within him, an overwhelming current threatening to drown his thoughts. Horror and regret coalesced with a fierce determination, all focused on safeguarding Athanasia's fragile existence.

The words tumbled from his lips in a near-whisper, laden with disbelief and desperation. "No... not again. Am I going to lose someone again? Is it always the loved ones who leave me behind? Is this some kind of curse?"

He stared at Athanasia's unconscious form, her weakened state a painful reminder of the fragility of life. "I told you not to do anything dangerous, Athanasia," he murmured under his breath, his voice a mix of reproach and concern.

The others, observing from a distance, remained silent, their eyes fixed on Cale. It was a sight foreign to them, this uncharacteristic display of vulnerability. Cale had always been the stoic figure, but now his emotions were laid bare for all to see.

Zaphyr and the dragon hovered protectively near Athanasia, a silent vigil in the midst of chaos. Zaphyr's panic was palpable as he questioned, "Why?" His eyes never left Athanasia, worried etched into his features.

Rosalyn, too, stood by, her shock giving way to a protective instinct. Her grip on Cale's shoulder tightened, an unspoken gesture of support and solidarity.

Cale's attention snapped to Radika, who floated in the air with a disturbingly jubilant laugh.

Anger simmered beneath Cale's surface, his protective hold on Athanasia growing firmer. Radika's callous amusement only fueled Cale's resolve to shield Athanasia from harm.

Radika's gaze settled on Athanasia,

revealing a chilling revelation. "You... you're the reason not many people died," he stated, a mix of curiosity and malevolence in his tone. He turned his attention to Rosalyn, recognition dawning in his eyes. "And you, I remember you from the Blue Wolf Village," he taunted, relishing the sense of chaos he had sown.

Cale's anger simmered beneath the surface as Radika continued to revel in the chaos he had wrought.