6

A small ravenette stared through the glass window, her eyes dull and tired. 

She watched a butterfly, 

it was flying around in circles, as if mocking her. 

She stoicly watched it land on a branch right next to the window from which she was staring through, 

It was totally face her, fluttering her wings in joy and mocking her for her broken ones.

She could only sigh before turning back to the teacher, who was blabbering everything that she already knew, 

It has been exactly 2 years since he last came to see her, 

She was still a newly turned 2 year old back then, 

She knew that he was someone very important to her, 

Kana felt guilty for not remembering him, 

'who was he?' she would often think, 

She could hear his voice, she could see the slithouse of him, sitting infront of her. 

But no matter how much she tried to think about it, her smartness couldn't out beat her childhood amnesia. 

She would often have dreams of him, but after a while she stopped caring. 

So what if he was important? well he's not here now.. might as well move on with her life.

She grew up craving for more and more knowledge, soon the nurses on the orphanage let her do whatever she wants and dismissed her.

She would eat her breakfast and go to the library where she'll be spending the rest of her day before coming back to the orphanage, if she was lucky she'll have some leftovers for dinner or else she'll just wait for the next breakfast. 

So much has happened since then, 

Just a few weeks before her 4th birthday, she met a lady. 

Shizune.

The lady was very surprised by how well put Kana was, the little girl's way of speaking was so formal and unlike any kids her age, 

Shizune was thrown off guard the more she spoke with the little Uchiha. 

She had asked the little girl if she was interested in becoming a ninja, Kana ofcouse said yes.. knowing that becoming a ninja might as well be the only way she could get out of the hellhole in which she's forced to live and she'd be a bit more useful instead of a burden. 

Shizune, being the Hokage's attendant, easily caught her a seat in the ninja academy. 

Everyone's jaw straight up dropped when they saw the little Uchiha's true potential. 

Just within a week Kana had already been promoted to the 3rd grade, 

She easily became the youngest and the fastest child to climb through the grades at the academy, 

and mind you.. she was still practically 3!!

She came first in everything, 

Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjutsu.

She was fasinated by Genjutsu and hoped to be a Genjutsu specialist in the future. 

She chakra control was perfect, and she got the fire nature just like every other Uchihas. 

Tsunade was rather pleased with her performance, she was worrying about how that perticular generation seem to lack any talented individuals,

But Kana came out of no where and made up for all the loss.