3

< In this story, the massacre happened when Sasuke was 10,  and itachi is 16 or 15 idk. I did this so i can easily keep up with their ages.>

------------------------------------------

Sasuke stared at the mirror,

His new headband shined under the sunlight seeping from the window to his right.

He sighed before grabbing a small photo frame that he'd kept on his study desk.

He smiled at the pciture of him and Kana, it was during her 1rst birthday and Sasuke had gotten permission from the orphanage to take her out with him.

Unfortunately since he was still a minor, he couldn't be Kana's official  guardian.

He tried fighting but nothing actually worked,

plus they justified that he won't be home most the time because of his missions and asked him how he's gonna take care of an infant under these conditions when he doesn't have any experience with kids what so ever.

In the end, he cursed them and warned that he'd be back for Kana once he reached his 18th birthday.

Ok back to the topic,

On Kana's 1rst birthday,

They celebrated with a small cupcake, he gifted her with a fluffy teddy bear.

In the picture, Sasuke had a fairly large grin, Kana sat on his shoulder as he held both of her tiny arms, he was pretty sure that she was giggling at that time.

Kana might as well be the only human being to be able to see such a grin or smile on Sasuke.

For some reason, whenever he's with Kana.. he feels like his old self.

The tiny 2 year old had managed to bring back his old self by just existing.

Kana is Sasuke's Safe place.

He can be himself when he's with her, it comes naturally.. without even realizing.

He placed the picture back in it's place,

If his teammates were to catch sight of it for even a second, they would have it on him for the rest of his life.

He fixed his headband before making his way out of his house,

He went to the orphanage to say bye to Kana before heading to the main gate,

He won't be back for god knows how long, since their going on their first ever C rank mission.

When he reached the orphanage, he immediately went inside and requested to meet the little girl.

The nurse told him that she'd  be in the play area.

He nodded before walking off, not once giving her another glance.

He'd been here so many times so he know the route easily.

He entered a room filled with pastel colors,

As expected, Kana sat on the other side of the room, with the teddy bear he gifted in her hand.