𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙄 𝘾𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙀𝘿

Taylor
narritive

"Do I have to go?" I said burying my head back into the covers.

Roman and his friends want me to go to game with them. I wanted to stay in my bed and continue being sad, and I really didn't wanna see her. I feel so bad after I left things the other day.

It hurt me more than anything to leave, but I was helping the both of us. Hailey's one of the biggest names in college sports, why would she want me out of everyone begging for her to give them the time of day? If anything i'm helping her by not holding her back.

"Yes you do." Roman says, pulling the covers off of me. "Now get the fuck up before I drag your sorry ass."

"Damn, okay." I roll my eyes, pulling myself out of my bed. He shuts the door leaving me to change.

He said we'd be in the student section so to wear anything Louisville. Slight problem. I don't own anything Louisville that doesn't have Van Lith 10 on the back.

I sigh, wanting to bang my head off the closet door in this moment, but settle with her white jersey from last year that she gave me, as she gets new ones every year. I wear it over a black hoodie and a pair of black shorts, the ones that were always her favorite.

"Let's get this over with."

The student section was packed. It usually was every home game though. We were lucky enough to get the first row. Knowing the team perks I guess.

We're playing against our rivals UKentucky. I watched the girls warm up while Roman and most of his friends went to get food, leaving his best friend Michael here with me. Sitting a little too close for my liking.

My eyes go back and forth between him and the girls on the court, watching as they warm up.

"So uhhh, how you liking it here at Louisville? Roman told me you transferred here from UConn."

"Yeah, it's cool here." I say dryly, keeping my eyes on a certain someone on the court.

"What's up with you and that blonde?" He whispered, pointing to the familiar blonde that I had been staring at.

"What are you talking about?" I side eye him.

"I can't be the only one noticing you stealing glances at each other looking all sad, like a lost puppy or something." He furrowed his eyebrows.

I shrugged, pretending to not know what he was talking about, but I knew exactly what he meant. Avoiding further conversation I pull my camera out of my bag.

I got a couple shots of everybody as they did their own thing, but I couldn't help but always go back to the same blonde. She was locked in, like nothing or no one else was on the room but her and the basketball.

She started to notice the pictures I would take of her and she started to show off. Hitting her lethal jab step and a couple step back 3's. She's not going to get my attention that easily though.

Her and her strength coach played a little one on one, or really him just playing a little bit of defense, but she flew by him. She soon after passes by me on the sideline after she hits the shot, flashing her infamous smirk, pointing straight at my camrea.

"This one's for you." She mouthed, getting the ball back, hitting the corner 3 right where she was, sinking it.

She looks back at me cockily and I just roll my eyes, trying to not give her my attention. Who knew it would be this hard?

The warm up buzzer goes off and they introduce the opposing team, not much excitement, the arena was pretty quiet other than a few family and friends in the nosebleeds.

"And nowww your starting point guard at 5'7 from Wenatchee, Washington. Number 10, HAILEYYYY VAN LITH!" The announcer hyped through the mic.

She ran off the bench clapping all her teammates hands, doing her signature handshake with Sydney. Running off to the student section hyping everyone up, touching her hand to her heart, kissing 2 fingers, pointing and looking up. It was her ritual, every game without a doubt, whether she touched the court or not and I was there getting every picture I can from it.

Roman comes back with the rest of his friends and several types of concession food. I put my camrea up and help him before he drops it everywhere.

"I heard them introduce your girlfriend and we came running here." He says trying to catch his breath.

I roll my eyes, "she's not my girlfriend." I mumbled, taking a sip of the drink he hands me.

I stay focused in the game watching them run the same plays in action that they run everyday in practice and it always worked perfectly. It was honestly a very competitive first half, very few misses for either team, the score 55-50 at half with us down 5 points.

I excused myself from the guys and made my way to the coaches as they followed the players into the tunnel.

"Taylor?" Coach Wallz cocked his his head, a soft smile on his face.

"What's up coach" I flashed him a smile in return.

"Where have you been?"

"School work has been swamping me lately, I'm only here cause I got dragged here." I lied. I know I shouldn't have, I just don't want to break it to him. "I left a few things back here last time that I need to grab."

He nods, "Hey- you wouldn't happen to know what's up with Hailey would you?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, "What do you mean?"

He sighs, stopping me while everybody else went ahead. "Between me and you— she looks  horrible. She looks like she hasn't slept in a week. She's been out of it in practice, I'm just worried about her you know—"

Everything else he said became a blur. I feel my chest tighten and a lump forming in my throat, I did this to her.

"I'm- I'm sorry I got to go." I say softly, turning around to my eyes meeting those hazel ones from a little distance away. The usual bright sparkling hazel eyes, now dull, dark, and tired.

Before she could say anything I ran, I ran as fast as I could out of that tunnel and out of that arena.