Chapter 23: Deal for a second chance

NO POV:

Blitzø found the spell in the book and sat down next to Fizz who was close to dying as he was coughing a lot blood starting to make its way into his decaying throat. With out hesitation Blitzø did the spell and instantly there was a glow coming from Fizz and Blitzø. The glow healed Fizz almost instantly meanwhile Blitzø started to turn grey and decaying from the inside at a very fast rate.

Once the glow disappeared Fizz was sleeping soundly, completely healed. As for Blitzø he started to cough up blood and dust, his body feeling weak and he collapsed the book falling next to him and he laid on the floor as he coughed and choked on blood and dust. His body was in so much pain and he could feel his life force slipping away faster each second. As he coughed up more blood he looked over at Fizz sleeping happily in Ozzie's arms and then slowly turned his head to look over at Stolas who was sleeping peacefully, quiet adorable hoots coming from him.

A weak smile came onto his face as he coughed up more and more blood and dust, feeling the heya starting to spread to his chest and almost consuming his whole heart. Some tears rolled down his face as he thought to himself in his mind.

BLITZØ POV:

'My life wasn't always the best but I eventually started living it the way I wanted to thanks to the family that I made. I managed to find my people, I reunited with my childhood friends, and most importantly I found the demon that I truly love and saved him from his horrific past. I wish I could live longer so that I can make me and Fizz's dream come true together, but I know that Fizz deserves a second chance. He was dying helping me save my love so that we could have more time together, so now i'll die for him so that he can spend more time with his love. I hope that Fizz can live our dream for the both of us.. over all I don't have any regrets, apart from one... I wish I got to marry you Stolas and raised our children together... But at least there's still a part of me in our kids so you won't be alone Stolas.... I love you guys so much.... I love you Stolas, forever....' With that thought I shed my last tear as my coughing stopped. I let out the last breathe left in my lungs and felt it collapse and empty and my eyes fluttered closed.

Darkness.

Nothing but darkness.......
.
.
.

and a sparkle of light...?

The light is growing.... I'm going towards the glow....? The glow split into two different colours, White and Gold which came from two floating figures. "Hello Blitzø" the figure on the right greeted. They had a gold staff, gold wings, white gown and a golden cloak. "We have been waiting for you" the figure on the left continued. They had a silver staff, white wings, a silver gown with a white cloak. "Who are you.... And Where the fuck am I?" I asked them very confused. "You my dear are in the In Between, however before we continue discussing this subject, best to introduce ourselves. I am Zoi, Leader of Life, and that is Thana, Leader of Death" The figure on the right, Zoi, explained. "We are the keepers of the afterlife" Thana finished.

"Wait- what do you mean keepers of the afterlife? Isn't that like God's job or something?" I asked still slightly confused. "Oh no, you miss understand, He only rules Heaven, the blessed and holy. On the contrary, Lucifer rules Hell, the suffered and damned" Zoi explained again before Thana continued for them "God, being as powerful as he is, has no control over Hell and or Lucifer and his rule. There is only so much he can do, and no matter what the guardians of Heaven decided, being as it has started to become corrupted, it is our job to maintain balance in the afterlife, and both societies of Heaven and Hell are becoming corrupted.

We shall take care of things from here however we can only do so much. It must come from the citizens from each life after, meaning for Hell's society to improve we need a demon with the heart and strength to bring back that balance. Lucifer is powerful however he does not know how to maintain a proper society resulting in the yearly purge. As you know, his daughter is taking care of that issue however it will not cover the society's corruption."

I took a minute to process the information before they spoke again "So tell us Blitzø, what made you decide to use that spell in the Grimoire?" Thana asked. I took a breathe and explained to them "Me and my best friend Fizz are both very aware about the corruption in our society. We both have relationships with higher class demons, me being with Prince Stolas and him being with Asmodeus the Sin of Lust. Us both being imps there was no way we could ever be open about our relationship as we, or rather our boyfriend's, would get frowned upon and shamed because of the corruption in our society. We made a promise to each other that we would work together to change this corruption, but we split apart before we could start that.

That happened when we where kids but these past few months we reconnected and he even helped me save Stolas when he got kidnapped, however during that he got injured by a blessed weapon that was slowly killing him. The thing is that, he helped me have more time with Stolas.. so I wanted to repay the favour by giving up my life so that he can have more time with Ozzie. He's my best friend and I know that he deserves to live a happy life with his boyfriend without being judged...So that's why I used the spell, so that I can give Fizz the chance to live our dream for a better society" I finished my explanation and I looked up at them. They looked at each other and talked for a bit before they both nodded and looked back at me.

"Blitzø our dream is for us to transform Hell's society and turn Hell into a place of redemption, a second chance. If demons can see that they can improve their life and wish to better themselves they can transcend to Heaven. We wish that Hell and Heaven can work together as a collective society and unity so that they can help give people and sinners a second chance at improving their life, instead of being damned forever, after all everyone deserves a second chance even in the afterlife, if they choose to. This way we would have a better collective society and the yearly purge will no longer be of use.

Of course that leaves us one thing, finding a demon with the right intensions, a demon who is strong and of course a demon with a good heart. You might not be perfect Blitzø but we do know that you have the heart to help us in this mission. So the question is Blitzø, if you where given a second chance along side abilities that will help you in your mission, will you promise to do your part in this mission and try to succeed in changing Hell's corrupted society?" Zoi finished their explanation with a question that might fully change me and my life. It's a change which I'm willing to make and a mission I know I can succeed in.

I looked back at them determine as I gave them a nod. They both smiled at me and brought out their hands "Hold our hands child and you shall be granted this second chance" Thana said and I floated towards them and grabbed their hands. Once our hands touched I felt power starting to be transferred to me and a bright glow emitting from my chest "We wish you luck dear Blitzø!" Zoi said as a farewell and Thana waved goodbye to me as I floated up above into blinding light.

I opened my eyes and sat up seeing everyone stare at me.

"I'm back~"