Ch 19

"I am literally not doing anything. I am just living my life and for some reason, you all think I'm worth something" I groaned, I'm serious this is getting out of hand.

"So you have the leader's from the Uchiha, Hyuga and Nara clan's attention? What a drag" Shikaku seemed to understand my pain.

"I'm serious, what do you see in me?" I whined, he just rolled his eyes. "I see many things in you" I sighed and pulled the young Shikamaru into my embrace.

He was just listening into the conversation, not saying a word or making a fuss.

"That doesn't answer my question, tell me so I can fix it. I don't want all the clans in the village to know me" I was just whining and whining, and he wasn't giving the goods.

"What a drag, let's just say it's not something you can stop or fix" he was amused and enjoyed tormenting me. I now rolled my eyes "how great of you to not tell me. Thank you" I sarcastically said, he just chuckled "you're welcome".

I smiled a little "what a drag your being" he laughed at my joke. "Ishi, would you like some snacks?" I heard Shikaku's wife from the kitchen, "yes Ms, I would love some". I turn to Shikaku "what's your wife's name?" Shikaku hummed "it's Yoshino" I nodded, "lovely".

He tilted his head "why do you want to know her name?" I giggled "everyone in your clan has the last name 'Nara', and I feel that some people would like it if they have some individuality." Shikaku smiled "you're doing it again kid" I looked at him confused "what do you mean?"

He just shook his head "the thing you do that gets all these adults attention."

I sighed and pouted "now you're just being mean" he chuckled again "what a drag." Shikaku's wife comes back with some raspberries and dried kelp. I turn to Yoshino "I appreciate the snacks Mrs. Yoshino but I'm curious, what gave you the idea of dried kelp?" I was trying to be polite while asking.

"Shikamaru loves to eat kelp, that's why" I nodded in understanding as she went back into the kitchen.

"Good job kid, you have a way with words" Shikaku softly claps his hands. "Mommy has daddy in a chokehold" I snorted and looked down at young Shikamaru, "and why do you say that?"

Shikamaru smiled innocently "because that's what I saw" I slowly looked at Shikaku who slowly put his hand on his face and probably wished he wasn't there "...what a drag."

I probably bursted a blood vessel from how hard I tried to keep myself from laughing. What came out of me was a bunch of wheezes, snorts, coughs and prayers to every god I know to give me strength.

Shikaku just looked done with everything "I'm only having one, no matter how much anyone begs me."

Him saying that only made my face get more red. Shikamaru was just eating his kelp as I died on the inside and as Shikaku regretted having kids and a wife and his life. It took many minutes, but I was able to calm down.

Mostly.

Shikaku hasn't moved an inch, he had his face covered so I couldn't see the absolute embarrassment on his face. "I think you killed your dad" I said as I calmed down, I never said I stopped laughing. I was just giggling like crazy.

"I know" young Shikamaru said, "I lied but apparently it was true" now that my friends, was the last straw.

I couldn't hold it anymore and just started laughing my lungs out right there and then. I was laying face down on the floor trying to catch my breath, Shikamaru was softly patting my back while eating his kelp.

Shikaku still hasn't moved.

When I calmed down a few minutes later, I picked Shikamaru up and hugged him. "No more little lies ok, your dad is in shock" Shikamaru just nodded "what a drag."