Ch 71

It was night and we were on our way to find Tsunade. 

Apparently it would take like 12 hours walking nonstop to get there, but Kabuto gave a few extra hours because he knew Orochimaru would be edgy. 

Like right now. 

The pain got too much so he started screaming into the night. Thank God we are in a forest. He was screaming at the sky before dropping down to his knees. 

"Curse you Sarutobi!" 

I was unamused by his display, it wasn't funny anymore. It was fun at first, but then it got sad. If Orochimaru was screaming like this, then that pain must be excruciating. 

But even at his lowest, he still manages to be violent and cut down a tree. And without his arms too. He has my respect, but his personality makes me take that statement right back. 

Orochimaru was still breathing heavily, but in the quiet of the night it was even louder. It's like the ringing in your ears that you just can't see to get rid of. 

Kabuto was also here, but he was so quiet and unbothered that it seemed like he wasn't. 

This journey was two young adults accompanying a grown ass man child trying to get his arms back that was taken away by his former master because he's a creep and a psychopath and basically demanding his former teammate to heal his arms when he's wanted through all the seven seas for every crime in the book. 

A mouthful. 

After another tantrum Orochimaru got up and we started walking again. It was an uncomfortable silence. And an even more uncomfortable situation. 

Two crazy men and one semi crazy me in a forest. Horror movie material. I don't know if for the others it was uncomfortable, but for me I was dying. It took one thought and I was never the same. 

That was until Orochimaru opened his slimy mouth. "At least, these arms can be restored." 

That was random. Maybe he was also feeling awkward and started talking to ease the air. But because it's him, he made it worse. 

"She may be good Medicine, but she'll leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth." Kabuto, I thought I taught you better. Don't humour this guy. If he says weird stuff, ignore him. But instead he made it even worse again! 

"Not to worry." We should worry, you don't even like your actual bitter medicine and would kill others who even said to take it. 

What the hell! Kabuto doesn't take the hint though. 

"I have a little knowledge of Lady Tsunade myself. I was a member of the medical court after all. She was the first to propose what is now a very common practice. For each squad to have a medical specialist included, simple but brilliant." 

And kinda stupid it took them this long to do that. I'm guessing enough people died for them to be like 'how do we fix this?' Boi! Bring them doctors with you! 

"It was a landmark idea. What becomes of a squad on the battlefield with no one to administer emergency medical equipment. The answer is clearer than a fire in the night." 

Kabuto, you didn't need to continue. We got what you meant the first time you graced us with your opinion. Also, don't get philosophical with Orochimaru in the room. 

This man will twist your words... badly. 

"Counting the years on the battlefield have simply taught them how to cope with the ravages of war. All those who were sacrificed led to the Method you speak of. And one only truly grasps the value of something once it has been taken away from you."