𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚍

Gillian woke up, she remembered last night and looked beside her. Nothing? Huh, maybe It was a dream then. She got up from her bed and noticed a note on her desk. 

"Your dad, Tammy and I had to go out of town for a few days, Lydia was awake before we left and explained what was going on with August and we appreciate that she came over and helped you. Love you Gillian, from mum," 

Gillian rushed to the kitchen and saw Lydia at the table on her phone. She turned her head to Gillian.

"Morning," 

Gillian wandered to her. 

"I thought you left," She stood in between Lydia's legs and had her arms around her neck. Lydia looked up at her. 

"Of course not, we have the house to ourselves for a while," 

Gillian giggled, then she walked into the kitchen to make some food for herself. Food was always a harsh topic for Gillian; she always struggled to eat, whether that was her just being a picky eater or forgetting to eat. She could go days without it. 

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked Lydia. Lydia shook her head. 

"All good I'll make something now," She opened the pantry doors. She scanned around for something to have. 

"Fuck it we'll just have toast," 

Lydia laughed. 

"What?" 

"You love bread," 

"Of course! Top tier food," 

"Yeah but you just eat it plain," 

"And?" 

Lydia laughed again. "You're just one of a kind, Gillian," 

The two enjoyed the simple breakfast and sat at the table planning what to do. 

"We don't have to do anything, we can just stay inside and watch movies," 

"Gillian you know how that ended the last time I came over," The last time Lydia came over, the movie was the least of their concerns. They were more worried about whose clothes were coming off. 

"Don't complain. You loved it. How about...we go to the park, then we can go get slushies," Lydia thought for a moment before nodding her head. Gillian jumped around with excitement. 

"Let me get ready," she rushed into her room, scrambling through her clothes to find ones to wear. She picked out a short black dress with long sleeves that was tight around the arms and torso with a scoop neckline; the lower skirt going out into an A-line that fell mid-thigh. It was plain but cute. She put on her white ruffle socks and white sneakers to complete the look. She clipped half her hair back with a claw clip before showing Lydia. 

"What do you think?" Gillian said while doing some silly poses. 

"Very cute, love, now let's go," The two left the house, the park was in the street over. 

They spent their time on the basket swing, just enjoying each other's company, or Lydia took pictures of Gillian or them together. In her words she wanted to annoy Astrid, and after everything, it was kind of fair. The photos had them hugging, kissing and being silly with each other.

It was getting close to 12 when they left the park to go to the seven eleven close by. 

"Okay what do you want?" Lydia said looking at the selection of slushie flavours. 

"I thought you knew me," Gillian rolled her eyes playfully before grabbing a cup and going over to the dispenser that said 'Raspberry'. Lydia went to the one furthest away. 

"I didn't know you were a 'blue raspberry' lover," Gillian laughed. "Theres a fast-food chain just a bit further down from here, if you wanted a bite to eat," 

"Yeah, that sounds good," They paid for the drinks and made their way down the street. 

"Wait can we try something real quick?" Lydia asked. 

"Sure?" Lydia grabbed Gillian and pulled her behind an alley of two buildings. 

"Drink some of your drink, but don't swallow if yet," 

"Wait what the fuck, why?" 

"Just do it," Gillian drank some of her slushie; the cold red icy liquid stung her teeth a bit. Lydia did the same thing. She pulled her into a kiss, opening her mouth enough to let the icy drink on their tongues. They continued moving their tongues as if they were in complete sync. They pulled away, swallowing the now melted ice. They stared at each other before bursting out laughing. 

"Oh, my lord, it took me a while to figure out what you were doing," Gillian said in between laughs. 

"Wait did it actually work?" Lydia asked. Gillian stuck out her tongue. Her tongue now a deep purple. 

"Oh my god we need to take a photo of this," Lydia laughed, pulling out her phone. Striking a few poses with their tongues out, holding the drinks in plain sight.