𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

*A couple months later*

"Are you sure this party is a good idea? I mean I haven't met your mum officially yet,"Gillian asked, lightly curling her hair in her mirror.

"Don't worry, it'll all be good. You've got all the girls there and some other people too and you'll have me," Lydia said holding her waist. Gillian put the curling wand down and turned to kiss her.

"You look so pretty, Lydia," She smiled up at her.

"And your fucking hot,"

"Oh hush," She leaned into the mirror and dusted some eyeshadow off under her eye. "Okay, I'm ready to go,"

"Babe, there's no need to be nervous. Just honestly be yourself,"

Gillian nodded.

"But I have something for you," Lydia smiled, "For our 4 months," She pulled out a small box and opened it to see a little silver locket.

"Lydia, it's beautiful!"

"Just open it first,"

She took the necklace and opened it to see two little pictures of them together.

"Lydia..." Gillian whispered, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Hey hey hey, no need to cry baby, it's okay," Lydia hugged her.

"Thank you so much,"

"It's no problem my love,"

"But, I do have something for you too,"

"Nooooo, you know I hate gifts!"

"Come on you'll like it," Gillian ran into her room, retrieving the same size small box that Lydia got her.

"Here," She handed her the box and Lydia opened it. Inside was a silver necklace with a small dainty heart charm that Gillian had gotten custom to be pink and purple.

"How much did this cost?" Lydia asked, her eyes wide.

"Oh...not much,"

"Gillian, it's beautiful but you can't be spending your entire life savings on me,"

"It was only one hundred- and-sixty-three-dollars including shipping," Gillian whined. Lydia's eyes widened even more.

"Gillian..."

"What?"

"Thank you," She smiled and hugged her tightly. They put the necklaces on each other and smiled as they looked in the mirror.

"Ready to go?" Lydia asked.

"I guess," Gillian got her handbag and slipped on her shoes.

The party was meant to be casual-formal, so Gillian wore a baby pink dress that fell mid-thigh and her white sneakers, just to keep it casual and comfortable. Lydia wore Black jeans and a black button up shirt that she rolled the sleeves up to her elbows with black shoes, with her long hair tied into a low bun while Gillian left hers out and curled.

They hopped into the car and pulled out of the driveway and made the journey to Lydia's place. Gillian fiddled with her hair, looking out the window as she watched the sunset.

"You're gonna be okay love," Lydia spoke.

"I know, it's just nerves,"

"I get it, do you think I didn't feel the same when I met your parents?"

Gillian laughed and shook her head.

After a few minutes they pulled up to Lydia's house. It was two-storied and entirely made of red brick. Lydia got out and went around to open the door for Gillian.

They went up to the door, Gillian squeezed Lydia's hand tightly as they went inside.