Chapter 49

Swasti's pov

After dropping Vihaan at the location he left the car, we both proceeded towards the ginormous palace.

The palace was in silence filled with tension as thick as it was since morning. Walking into the palace we realized that there were barely any people there, except those who assisted in its well being. I climbed up to ma's room as vihaan went to my room which right now had become "our" room.

I knocked on the door, but no response followed, so I knocked twice, still no luck. I was curious and pushed open the door to find an empty room, surrounded by an echo, filled with silence. Feeling confused, I rushed back down and talked to one of the helpers. She said ma was in the backyard and so I walked there to find her resting there under the ocean blue sky, dressed with sparkling stars. I sat next to her as her eyes also sparkled like the stars when she glanced at me.

Ma; Swasti!(She whispered before hugging me) I swear please listen to me once swasti!(She said in a begging tone)

I just nodded as she gave me a HUGE smile and broke the hug.

Swasti; Ma, I don't know what u have to explain, but please know that I really don't think so I'll be able to forgive u and move on like nothing ever happened no matter what the reason is, cuz one thing I know is that I was a child and still am ur child, I deserve love which to be honest I've never received from u, and its been 24 years ma, its not something I can forget and move on, alright?( I said softly)

Ma; I know swasti, I just want to clear everything, i know I've been a horrible mother to you and nothing I say to u will be excusable, but I have alot to explain( She looked at me for permission to continue as I just nodded)

Swasti, u said that I'm selfish, I gave away sachit because I was pregnant with him without marriage, that's not true, I don't care about my reputation, either today or that time, one day my reputation had to be crumbled and I knew that, and if I did care about what people think of me so much, I wouldn't have run away with ur father in the first place swasti, u think it was easy to run away from ur family at that time? I've still not been granted the chance to see ur maternal grandparents! I don't even know if they're alive or not, even when ur grandparents accepted me as their daughter-in-law and I came here, I have heard so many people taunt me, gossip about me cuz of the fact that I ran away. No one ever blamed ur papa for anything, cuz that generation was male-dominated, anything happened it was always the female at fault, yes ur papa was extremely supportive that time, but it isn't easy swasti, I was already struggling when My dad sent me to study far away from home, girls weren't allowed to study in that generation, it was my dad jinhone dil pe pathar rakh ke mujhe utni aazadi di, and on top of all this, I ran away with a boy!

You think my reputation wasn't affected that time? Infact not only mine but I'm still living with guilt of how much my parents must have had to hear from the society cuz of my deeds. They were ready to go against society's beliefs and neglect them by sending me far away into a field of higher studies into the most prominent universities around the world, and on top of that I ran away and indirectly proved the society's statement "bohot padhi likhi ladkiyan achi nahi hoti" right, my parents must have had to hear so much! It's not that I regret marrying ur papa, but the guilt I have for running away like that leaving my parents to hear the world taunt them is killing me internally!

Also if I cared so much of my reputation, I would have never called sachit in my room to discuss property, won't the truth reveal itself when sachit becomes the next heir, won't my image be crumbled now?

So it was never about my reputation or my image, whether I took sachit that time or now my reputation is going to be affected and I don't care about it anymore, especially not if I have to prioritise between my reputation and my children! But as I said earlier, everything was falling in place after long and we couldn't spoil it for both sides, the reason why ur grandparents had forgiven ur buaji was cuz of their grandchild, if they came to see no child the situation would have become worse , they would have thought that ur buaji lied and then even those tiny pieces of hope to be forgiven would have been crushed.