honk shew honk shew

SAIKI POV

After Toritsuka and I talked about ways to talk to the.. 'other me' I went home for a good night's rest.

Sadly, rest is the last thing I'll be getting it seems.

I hear a soft knocking on my bedroom door at around 5am. Strangely I only hear mumbles of thoughts, half-formed ideas that were never fully registered by my visitor.

Opening the door I'm faced with a very surprising sight. Y/N practically falling asleep standing in front of my door. 'What is she doing here? Hell she's barely even awake, how did she make it in at all?-'

"What are you doing here??"

Instead of responding, she pushes past me and promptly falls asleep on my bed. This is bad. What if my parents wake up? It certainly wouldn't look good if they found their teenage son's best friend sleeping in his bed.

Suddenly I'm struck with an idea. Immediately I inform Toritsuka that I'm bringing him to my house and he should prepare. He, of course, is still awake so I know he knows. I still give him a few minutes to get ready, you never know what situation he'll be in.

One round trip to Toritsuka's house and returning with the purple haired boy was easy, explaining my current situation to him wasn't.

"Okay Saiki, WHAT is going........" He paused, taking in the sight of Y/N before him.

"Don't look at her like that. Summon her guardian spirit already, this chance won't happen again."

"R-Right! Yes.. Um.." He says, trying to collect himself before continuing "He's here. Let me just.. summon him..."

"Don't even think about doing anything weird while you're outside your body."

"Damn you." He grumbles before allowing the 'other me' to possess him.

....

He's just staring at me. This is weird I don't like it. I keep glancing at Y/N trying to make sure she's not uncomfortable or anything, so does he. I don't like it, oddly enough. I know he's me but.. I'm the one who takes care of her. He can't be me anyhow.

"Do you talk or do you just stare?" I ask in an attempt to get him to speak to me.

"I can do both."

"What are you?"

"I'm a guardian spirit."

"No you're not."

"And what are you?" He asks, slightly leaning forward

"I'm a psychic."

"It would seem so."

I fall into silence again. What is with this guy? It feels weird knowing that he's me yet he's in Toritsuka's body.

Asking him about his past or who he is is a lost cause, ghosts don't remember their lives. Well.. technically he can't be a ghost because I'm alive.

"What do you know about yourself?"

"I know I want to keep this girl safe, and I know you want the same thing. Let's keep this civil so that we can both be happy."

"Is that a threat?"

"More a request."

"That doesn't explain who you are."

"I'm certain that by now you understand how little I'm capable of knowing about myself."

It's useless. He won't budge, I'm certain he knows more than he's letting on but I can't get it out of him.

"Just keep her safe and I'll leave you alone."

"Deal."

++++

After forcing Toritsuka to leave without looking at Y/N any further I look down at the sleeping girl.

'..How am I supposed to sleep? I don't.. do I get in bed next to her? That'd be weird wouldn't it? I don't want to sleep on the couch..."

Thankfully I didn't need to worry about it, because Y/N snapped up and turned to look at me.

"KUSUO. No.. nono... God.." She looks around the room and mumbles "The fucking horses... I knew they weren't ready... oh god oh god..."

"...What?"

"SHHH!" she whisper yells, darting her eyes back and forth as I finally catch on.

She thinks she's still in her dream. Not in a lucid dream way, in the way that she just woke up and hasn't processed the world around her quite yet.

Deciding to play along I whisper "Oh noo whatever will we do?"

"........" She blinks slowly

"Oh, good morning! How are you...." as she's speaking she looks down at herself "Two requests; can you leave the room for a moment, and can I borrow some clothes?"

"Gladly."

Once she opens the door and lets me in I'm immediately being berated.

"WHY AM I IN YOUR BED BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL DON'T REMEMBER COMING HERE."

"You walked in about an hour ago while you were.." I trail off looking for the right word 'half asleep? Sleeping? Tired?' settling for the last one I finish my sentence. "While you were tired. You didn't say anything other than a slight mumble when you got on my bed."

"....Okay, I'll admit, that's definitely something I'd do.......... you're so lucky I trust you as much as I do because otherwise you'd be a goner."

"You're lucky I didn't throw you out in the streets."

"Ha-ha very funny" She says, rolling her eyes at me.

"We still have school in about two hours, do you want to get ready now or sleep more?"

"....sleep for sure. That's a dumb question." She says before climbing back into bed, leaving room for me by habit.

Tonight was so confusing oh my lord. I'm just gonna read or something... I don't know

———

i hate this motherfucker why are there two of you. One was enough.