make a little room for reita

SAIKI POV

Remember a few chapters ago when I spoke with Y/N's "guardian spirit" (if you can call it that)? Well I sure didn't, not until Toritsuka ran up to me with some heavy-ass book and started ranting about how I "better be grateful that [he] spent [his] porn money on this instead". Let's continue from there.

"Congratulations, you're healing."

"What? NO I bought the book for you, jerk! Look, I didn't want you to hold the whole Y/N thing over my head, so I went and actually looked for answers. You should be proud, I missed out on the 17th issue of girls in bikinis for this crap!"

"Okay, get to the point or I'm leaving."

He starts flipping through the book before stopping on a page that reads "Guardian spirits can occasionally be manifestations of current guardians."

"..Okay? If it doesn't affect me then why should I care, I thought this whole thing was said and done by now."

"Well- Yeah, but this means you're stuck with her! Like, FOREVER! If you leave she'll be totally unprotected! I'm so jealous..."

"Jealous of what, me for getting to be around a girl forever? It's not like I planned to ditch her anyways."

"Saiki WANTS someone's company?? Since when dude! I call dibs!"

"What??? You can't call dibs on a girl, that's not how it works. She doesn't even like you, platonically nor romantically."

"I can change that dude! Just back off her a little and make a little room for Reita!"

"That's disgusting, never say that again."

Our conversation is cut short by me walking away, I don't have to indulge in his bullshit any longer than I'd like to.

Although I am a little disappointed, that was really anticlimactic. I know I'm usually the last person to complain about something actually not being a big deal, but come on. There's no way it's just that simple, but what do I know? Hopefully I know less than the spirit medium, otherwise he should be embarrassed. Whatever, I shouldn't complain. As long as Y/N's happy I'm fine.

Speaking of Y/N, I see her enter a cafe across the street. She hasn't noticed me, you can tell because she's thinking of thirty other things, when I'm around it tends to go down to about four. Should I be mean or should I let her enjoy peace and quiet.... That's a dumb question.

"AAAAAH!" She screams upon feeling me grab her shoulder.

"Boo."

"Unfunny and frankly unoriginal. Get new material." She scoffs before inviting me to sit across from her.

"And here I was going to be nice and pay for your food, I won't make that mistake again."

"Oh... hey, handsome... that was a funny joke you made just now...... really funny..."

"Don't call me that, I'm paying anyways."

"What a gentleman."

"Stop."

"SO COMPLIMENTS ARE OFF LIMITS NOW??"

"Be quiet, and yes they are."

"Ugghh god forbid women want to be kind."

"Yes, it is forbidden, nice observation skills."

"Shut up."

We enjoy our time together at the cafe and I walk her home. Feeling bold, I give her a kiss on the cheek before rushing to the safety of my room to wallow in embarrassment.

She does just about the same, but far more joyously.

—A/N—

Being so honest I forgot about the guardian spirit thing. Short chapter maybe ill do something more with it later but rn idfk man