Chapter 1: Objectville

Ice Cube POV:

I squeezed myself through the crowd, trying to make it to where Book was. I was really not feeling it anymore and I'm even started melting on the floor a little bit. After a minute, I made it to the centre where Book was standing and I called out to her.

"Book!"
"Hm?"

She turned around to face me as I looked back at her with tired eyes.
"I'm going to leave now, I feel really tired."
She looked directly into my eyes.

"Yeah, I can tell. Don't worry, you can leave."
I gasped as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you! But this is for the better."
She said as she let go of me.

"Yeah.."
We stared at each other for a few seconds, unsure of what to say in this awkward moment, so I started.

"We-well I'll be going now! Make sure to call me when you get there, or at least text me."
"Will do! Goodbye!"
She pulled me into another hug and then I walked away, small tears starting to form in my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away.

Sometimes I wish friendships would never end, but that's just how life works. I would know, I've faced lots of broken friendships in my time of BFDI AND BFB. A small thought of anger is in my head as I think about Leafy and the fight between Taco and Book. But I push that aside and remind myself that the fight between my team has been resolved. Not so sure about me and Leafy though.. she's so mean, I hate her!

"Ow!"
I say as I walk into something, it was a fence, the fence to my house. I think of Gaty who was on my team during BFB.

I haven't seen her in a while, where has she gone? I push the thought away and open the fence. I look up at my pale blue square house with a triangular roof on the top which is coated with purple paint. In Objectville, everyones house looks like them, or resembles something about them. At least for the objects who competed in BFDI, or in another popular show like Inanimate Insanity. Otherwise you just have a boring house with a colour of your choice. I'd say my house is pretty boring, but I'm pretty boring too.

I step into my house and shut the door behind me. I walk to my left and into my bedroom, I flick the lights on and head into the bathroom. I turn on the water to super cold and I begin to rinse myself. Despite being an object, we take showers too, most objects. If you're someone like Firey you take special lava showers. But if your someone like Bubble you have to put on some special cream and then you can shower like normal. I'm not sure about objects like Black Hole though.. I step out and dry myself slightly, I then went to the counter nearby and grabbed the purple bow I normally wear on the back of my head.

I look in the back and see the words Icy written on the tag in a matching lilac purple. It was a gift from Book she got me a couple of years ago. Normally I'd wear it on my head, but for the party I went to say goodbye to Book, she was leaving the town to go fill information into some of her empty pages to become one of the best dictionaries out there. She was going to Yoyleland I think, it's really far away from Objectville so she hasn't gone yet.

I walked over to my bedside table and placed my bow on it, I switched off the lights. As I started walking to my bed, I could already feel my eyes getting tired by the second. I got into the bed and shut my eyes, and then my mind faded into a deep sleep.

I am loving this new writing style!
Do you guys like it?
Pls continue reading I swear it gets better from here