Chapter 13: 162431

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️
Part of this chapter has some swearing! Leave if you're not comfortable with this topic.

Rocky POV:

I observed the kids running around the playground and having fun. I wish I had a playground like them, even if I couldn't play with them, I'd like to have one.

"Boo!"

I stumbled back at the sudden voice. There was a yellow ball floating in front of me, a glow shined off of it and it appeared to have no eyes.

"What are you?!"
"You can't tell? Should've known, it's me! Orb!"
"Orb? That's you?"
"Yeah! Thought it was about time I showed you, Firey Jr. knows what I look like."
"Didn't expect you to be an actual orb."
"It's a cool name, I wanted to stick with it."
"Why are you here?"
"Bored, you wouldn't think being an immortal soul would be boring."
"Immortal soul?"
"Yeah! It's.. not that fun being immortal."
"I wanna be immortal!"
"Do you?"
"Yeah! Sounds fun!"
"Children.."
"Huh?"
"Wanna learn how to spawn stuff again? We didn't get far did we?"
"Yeah, let's go again!"
"Let's do it!"

? POV:

"We'll try this again, 162431."
"STOP CALLING ME THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!"

162431 was a name I made for them a day ago, it made it easier so I didn't have to block out the names during the recordings. I keep them in a safe to document our progress with 162431. They don't tend to listen to my orders very often, hard to manage them without being violent.

"Cooperate now, you know what'll happen."
"..."
"Good, now we can continue from where we left off. 1521222 pass me the clipboard."

1521222 was my lab partner, I made it up with me and 162431. Mine is 51826153, more complicated but not hard to memorise. 1521222 passed me the clipboard and a pen, I flipped through the pages to find the correct page. It wasn't hard to find, vibrant red ticks were written in tiny boxes.

"Let's see.. how long would you say it takes you to turn into another object?"
"1 sec-second."
"Could be faster.. turn into.. Book."

They morphed into a green and blue dictionary, even the glasses appeared on 162431's face.

"1521222, how fast was that?"
"I was meant to be timing?"
"Yes, if you weren't go grab your phone!"

I ordered as they bolted away. They quickly scanned their card and ran to get their phone. They came back in less than 30 seconds and sat back down on the floor.

"Good, now.. Naily."

Their colours faded away as it turned into a dull grey. Its arms and glasses dissolved and a sharp point stabbed out of their back. Their height severely reduced as they finishing morphing.

"Time, 1521222?"
"1.27 seconds 5182653!"
"51826153."
"Why have such a complicated name, when your little partner can't even say it!"

162431 exclaimed, they turned back into their original form with an angered look on their face.

"Wanna fight?"

I snapped, holding a remote in my hand. It connected to a bracelet with a taser on it, 162431 wore it on their wrist or leg no matter what form they were in and couldn't take it off even if they tried. It could only be taken off by a different remote stuffed in the bottom of my desk.

"Yes, I DO!"
"Have it that way then."

I pressed the red button in my hand and 162431 collapsed to the ground, yelling as they fell.

"Don't try me 162431, or that arm of yours will become numb."
"You're fucking soulless."

They panted for breath as I pressed the button again, which turned the bracelet off.

"So what if I am, not like you can do anything about it. Can you, 162431."
"JUST SAY MY NORMAL NAME LIKE YOU USED TO. YOU USED TO BE MY FRIEND."

They cried out, tears starting to form and stream down their face.

"YOU'RE A FUCKING PSYCHO, YOU'RE MAKING ME KILL EVERYONE IN THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD FOR NO REASON. NOW YOU'RE THIS MURDER MACHINE MAKING ME TAKE THE BLAME, THIS IS MESSED UP! I WISH YOU DIE A FUCKING PAINFUL DEATH, I HOPE I'M THE ONE THAT CAUSES IT. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER."

They gasped for air as they finished their sentence, I stared unamused. They really thought they were smart, didn't they?

"Your little lab partner of yours doesn't deserve this."
"Huh?"

1521222 looked over from where they were sitting, they seemed to be writing more experiments for me to test on 162431.

"Curse me all you want, you're not leaving until this neighbourhood is wiped."
"Fuck you.. fuck you and your lab.. fuck your life."
"1521222 pass me the clipboard again."

They stood up and released the clipboard from their hand and let it fall into mine.

"162431 seems to be hostile at the moment and is cursing a lot. Will become violent if we continue our experiments. Will resume testing tomorrow."

I finished the last sentence I wrote and gave it back to 1521222. 162431 sat in a corner and sobbed, I almost felt bad. Almost.

"162431 if you continue to behave like this tomorrow there will be bigger punishments. Rethink your actions."
"..."
"Alright 1521222, I think that's enough today. I won't need you for the rest of the day so you can leave, I'll still be here though."
"Okay, bye!"

They waved as they scanned their card and left the room, the door shutting behind them.

"Behave."

I said sternly as I also left the room. I could see 1521222 exiting through the front door, trees blocking almost every bit of sunlight that could enter the lab. 162431 was the only experiment I was working on, it might get too hectic if I have any more. Besides, I'm certain 162431 will become stronger and more loyal, they'll accept their fate soon enough.

Ice Cube POV:

"Rocky!!"

Firey Jr. called out. Rocky has been missing for two hours now, and we can't find him anywhere! We don't know if he got stuck in a portal, walked too far or is straight up gone!

"Where do you think he went? I'm pretty sure this realm is infinite!"
"Ice Cube c'mon! Can't you teleport to him or something?"

Firey Jr. suggested, shrugging as he said it.

"I can't! It didn't come to me like spawning items and flying!"
"It came to you?"
"I think they made it easy for me so I can teach the other objects that eventually die."
"But you can't teleport?"
"No, I don't think I can. You don't really see angels teleporting do you?"
"No.."

He sighed in defeat, Rocky was.. lost. For all we know he could be in another realm.

"Where could he have gone?"

Firey Jr. asked, there were so many places he could've gone. Over one million worlds, over 10 million portals, forever trapped in the white void..

"I dont know."

Was all I could get out, if he's gone.. for the first time in my life..

I'll miss him..

Woahhh this was a fun chapter to write
Btw with Orb they can sorta mind control
They don't use it for evil they're just trying to help the younger kids
Also how old are they? Idk