Chapter 17: Tears

Narrator POV:

Needle, Pin and Teardrop dashed out of the coffee shop and searched the area for any suspicious activity. After only a second of looking, Teardrop pointed at the same mysterious figure. They wore a cloak around their head and the shadows made it impossible to tell who it was. The figure was running towards the forest's entrance, trying to make a quick escape. Needle and Pin noticed Teardrop pointing and ran towards the forest, Teardrop following then shortly after realising the other two had already dashed ahead of her. Despite the darkness, the trio could easily see that the figure had now turned into Needle and was quickly running away. Needle saw this and turned back to her friends, they were much further behind and seemed to be struggling to keep up. Needle quickly ran back and grabbed both of their hands and rushed off to catch up to the shapeshifter. Soon enough, Needle was able to find them again because they kept on tripping on scattered rocks and branches. Needle was so close to grabbing the shapeshifter's cloak! She reached out to grab it, but soon was hit in the head with a rock thrown at her. The figure then got away, leaving the trio in the middle of the forest. Needle groaned in pain as drops of blood started to trickle down her face. Pin and Teardrop started to panic, there wasn't anything they could do right now to stop the bleeding! Teardrop grabbed out her phone and called the hospital, handing the phone to Pin when she dialled in the numbers. Pin quickly spoke to them before hanging up the phone and handing it back to Teardrop. Teardrop was sitting beside Needle, scooping the blood that poured down her face into her hands.

"Okay Needle.. they'll be here any moment soon.."

Pin shakily said, holding Needle up so she wouldn't fall to the ground. Needle couldn't help but feel her eyes were closing by themselves, but with a shake on her arm from Teardrop was enough to force herself to not drift off. Minutes later, the ambulance arrived and they hurriedly rushed Needle into the back of the ambulance. Teardrop and Pin were able to follow her into the ambulance, still trying to give support. The nurse in who was also there placed tissues on her head, getting rid of the blood to see how big the cut was. The ambulance quickly reached the hospital and two nurses rushed Needle inside.

"This is bad.."

Pin whispered as she and Teardrop walked inside the giant building. They could see Needle being pushed into a room around the corner.

"Do you think we can go in?"

Pin asked. Teardrop shrugged and pointed to a nurse walking over to the room. Pin walked over to her as she was about to enter the room.

"Excuse me, can I go inside to check on her?"
"Not yet, but we'll come and get you when you can."

The nurse walked into the room as Pin backed up. She turned to Teardrop and sighed.

"Do you really think it's that bad?"

Teardrop nodded in response, breathing in and out to calm herself down.

"I suppose we'll just wait here, not really anywhere else to go."

Pin leaned against the wall and pulled out her phone, Teardrop doing the same. Many minutes passed by but still, no response on how Needle was doing.

"Think she's alright? It's been a while."

Pin looked up at the clock and saw that 10 minutes had passed since they heard about Needle. Teardrop kept still, she had been staring at the wall for a little while and occasionally wiping her eye. Pin placed her arm around Teardrop's shoulder and pulled her close to her. The little water droplet started to cry a little bit, hugging Pin tightly. Pin didn't move or talk, Teardrop needed this, Needle was badly injured. 5 minutes later, someone came out of the door.

"You can come in now, she's okay."

Pin and Teardrop followed the nurse into the room and saw Needle sitting on a bed. Teardrop ran up to her and hugged the taller woman. Pin walked up and stood behind Teardrop, wiping a little tear from her eye.