Chapter 9: Sleeping Breaths

Ice Cube POV:

3/10/2028

"Woah! I can spawn stuff?!"
"Yeah! Pretty cool right?"
"This is awesome!"

I was trying my best to teach Firey Jr. what I knew about heaven. All I know is that you can fly, spectate and spawn items.

"Can I give these to my friends if we take it through the portal?"
"I'm not actually sure, wanna try it though?"
"Yes!"
"Ha, okay then!"

I was actually having fun with Firey Jr. I never thought we'd be a duo, ever! I led him to the portal room and looked around.

"Which portal do you wanna go in?"

He hummed to himself as he wondered.

"Can we go to the park?"
"Sure!"

I showed him the way to the portal and gestured for him to go through first. A colourful light illuminated on his body as he walked in. I followed him shortly after his whole body disappeared into the portal. I met him flying in place waiting for me, he had brought with him a little red ball, and was clutching it in his hands.

"What do I do?"
"Hmm.. try to drop it! See if the other kids can see it."

He moved his arms out forward and let the ball fall out of his open hands. It landed on the floor midair as if it hit an invisible barrier.

"Aw.."

He quietly murmured to himself as he picked the ball back up from the.. ground.. air?

"It's okay, at least we can't accidentally hurt someone, right?""
"Yeah.."

I frowned a little bit, I could tell he was really disappointed. I bet he missed his friends too..

"Wanna head back? We can practice flying together!"

The disappointment quickly faded from his face and he gave an excited smile and nod. I spawned a portal for us to exit through and we both went through it.

Gelatin POV:

We met Flower and Ruby at the front of the flower garden.

"Hi Gelly and Lolly!"

Ruby happily greeted us with a big smile.

"Hey."

Lollipop looked around at the flowers currently in sight, clearly unamused.

"Let's go! There's so much to see!"

Flower grabbed the smaller girls hand and walked off into the entrance. Me and Lollipop followed her, the moment we entered I could already tell that today was gonna be a long and boring day.

Gaty POV:

"She just turned into Lightning, right in front of your eyes?!"
"Yeah, I'm not really sure if I can believe anything I see anymore."
"Same."

I started to worry a little bit after what he said. What if Saw.. wasn't Saw? What if she was fake I and I didn't know..? What if I'm not even talking to Pen.. Anxiety, panic and fear swirled around in my mind. You can't trust anyone anymore.. if you think you're safe, you're not. What if I'm falsely accusing Bracelety, maybe it's Foldy, or it could be neither. A small tear started to form on the corner of my eye, it silently fell as it got absorbed by the soft grass.

"Gaty? You feeling okay?"
"I'm fine."

I continued to stare at the ground, not many tears were falling. As I wasn't sad, I was panicked. Everything happening was too much, I was the first one to see an object brutally die to this crazed murderer. I could've died to the hands of it too.. this object shouldn't even be considered an object anymore, it should be considered a monster. If there are 3 deaths so far, and we have no evidence, this case is only going to get worse and worse.

"Gaty."
"Yeah?"
"Your phone is ringing."

Saw POV:

"Hello, Gaty?"
"Yeah?"
"Where are you right now! You've been gone for an hour now!"
"I've been gone for an hour?!"
"Yes! Can you tell me when you're gonna be back."
"Whats the time right now?"
"3:52."
"I'll be home by around 4:30, sound good?"
"Okay, be quick! The cookies are getting cold."
"Got it!"

I hung up the phone and placed it down on the table. She isn't normally gone for this long.. at least she picked up my call. I grabbed a cookie from the plate placed on the table and took a bite out of it, it's gotten a bit cold, but it's still decently good. I decided to put the cookies in a container instead of leaving it on the plate, just so that no bugs land on it or dust gets near it. I popped the container lid on and walked down the stairs. I landed on the soft bed and pulled out my phone I had brought with me. I just watched some videos, just so that I could entertain myself while Gaty was gone. I never thought I'd be so bored without her.

Flower POV:

"Flower, can we go home?"

Ruby asked, slowly walking beside me.

"But we've only been here for two hours!"
"My legs hurt!"
"Hmm.."

I looked behind my shoulder, where Lollipop was basically forcing Gelatin to walk now. He didn't want to be here anymore and I'm pretty sure he had the same thoughts as Ruby.

"Sigh, okay."

I grabbed her hand and walked to a nearby exit, which led to the parking lot. Many cars were parked in the warm sunlight which reflected off the windows. We made it to the exit and waved Gelatin and Lollipop goodbye. They both left silently without a word, which left me and Ruby alone.

"Let's go."

I ordered her to follow me as we headed towards our car. We both got in and I started to start it.

Gaty POV:

I opened the door to see Saw sleeping on the bed, her phone shut off next to her. I chuckled, she didn't normally sleep during the day, she was a morning person. I guess baking made her pretty tired. I looked over at the table, where a container full of cookies sat. I took one from the plastic box, I hadn't eaten in a long time. The cookies had gotten cold and hard, but somehow it was still delicious. I stared up at the clock hanging on the wall, 4:34 it read. I heard quiet movement coming from the background and I spun around. It was Saw, she was beginning to wake up from her slumber.

"Gaty?"
"Hi!"

I moved towards to her, she looked so tired. Shades of black hung under her eyes as she slowly blinked, looking like she could fall asleep any moment now.

"Get some sleep.. you deserve it."

She smiled up at me and nodded, she shut her eyes as she moved to her side. Her smile disappeared as she fell into a deep sleep. She looked calm, and happy in a way. Her quiet breaths were slow and steady and her body was completely still. I left her shortly after she fell asleep and quietly went up the stairs, where the kitchen and living room sat. I went to go sit on the couch instead of the bed to not disturb Saw. I turned on the TV and scrolled through the channels, seeing which one I liked the most. I eventually decided on the news channel, there wasn't anything interesting to watch and I wanted to check up on recent events.

I love Saw x Gaty sm
I prefer Bubble x Fanny though