4

─── ♔♔♔ ───

─── ♔♔♔ ───

"Peach? Mila? Mila?"

My eyes open, but everything is hazy. Dizzy, out of focus. My lips tingle all the way up the left side of my face.

"Hey. You okay? You blacked out. I carried you to the sofa."

When I gather the strength to, I glance around. Back in my lounge, on the sofa. Fully clothed.

The fucking liar prince is kneeling in front of me, eyes staying on me the whole time.

"Holy fuck," I whisper, trying to gain my sense of balance back.

My eyes close and I inhale, hold, and then let go.

Prince Kai, fifth in line to the throne. His dad, Hugh, is the king, but his older sister, Lucy, is the Princess of Wales, along with her husband, Michael, and their three children, and then Kai. He's always in the headlines for causing a scene, or according to the media, anyway. He's just a normal twenty-two-year-old... rich guy.

But... he was blonde and definitely didn't look quite like this the other night.

"Uh..." I give him a tiny, ironic laugh. "Nah. No way. This isn't happening."

"I suppose I should have told you on the phone, shouldn't I?"

"I'd say so, yeah," I whisper. "Like what the hell is a prince doing in my house?" Can I even say hell in his presence?

He sits on the armchair to my left after handing me a glass of water. "So, funny story. Sometimes, I will come down here to my old university city, dressed in disguise, and go out and have fun. I'm not a prince for the night; just a guy having fun. Then, I met you."

I sip my water and finally even out again. "When you said it was complicated..." I trail off.

"Because I'm a member of the British royal family, yeah." He arches his hands together, elbows on his knees.

"I'm... pregnant with a royal baby." I finish my drink and put the glass on the coffee table. "Fuck. Oh, fuck, I just swore in front of a prince. Shit."

He chuckles. "Peach, I think we're beyond that formality on a few fronts now, don't you? Plus, it's just me and you in here. You're fine. Given the circumstances, I'll forgive you, too."

My head shakes. "How does this happen?"

"I'd offer you the explanation, but I think we both remember that night."

"Why are you joking about this? I'm pregnant, Luc—Kai—Your Highness. What the shit do I call you? Oh my god!"

"Kai is fine. In public, it would be Prince Kai. This isn't ideal... obviously. But I've already had a word with my lawyer—"