9

─── ♔♔♔ ───

─── ♔♔♔ ───

When I moved into this flat, I had to think carefully about what I'd need. Cost was a major factor because I needed to keep it down, so a lot of my stuff was bought by Dad and Anne, or second-hand from them, charity shops or online.

As I start packing boxes alongside Prince Kai for my new life in fucking Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, I don't have to think as hard, yet it still feels more difficult. He's told me because he already lives there, I won't need any kitchen items, curtains or that kind of thing. As I stare at my bedroom door while he whistles on the sofa, I know I have to ask one specific question, but it's so awkward, despite the multiple times we've slept together now.

"I'm thinking we box things up like kitchen items, coffee tables and that kind of thing and we can give them to the charities we look after," Kai says, breaking the silence.

My eyes move from the bedroom door to him. "Okay, I mean, makes sense. I, uh, have one question—"

He leans forward and rests his elbows on his knees, his chin in the palm of his hand. "Frogmore Cottage has five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a couple of offices, a large lounge, a drawing room for when I have royal visitors, a dining room and a large garden with a small outbuilding I don't use. We can easily convert it into a room for you for whatever you want. You can use one of the bedrooms. We'll turn one into a nursery for the baby. You'll have your own privacy, unless we have visitors and engagements, of course."

Well, he just answered my question about bedrooms then.

"The cottage is equipped with everything you need. It's more about trinkets and books and all those small things. Clothes, photos, that kind of thing. Household things like towels, duvets, plates... the sofas, your bed, it can all be donated."

I nod and restart packing books into separate piles to be donated or taken with me.

He continues packing the stuff I told him to put in a box to go; photos and trinkets. "The charities I suggest donating to are the ones I patron for as part of my royal duties, so ones you'll be working with as well."

He sounds more animated than he has all morning so far, so I decide to run with this, plus it'll help me, in the long run, both get to know him and more about this new life I've suddenly been thrown into.

"What charities are they?" I ask. "Sorry, I don't really follow it on the news, so I don't know."

"All the charities I work with are about homeless people and getting them into work and bettering their lives. There's a coffee shop that does a lot in getting more homeless people into working with them, and any surplus food and coffee they have left over every day, they donate to homeless shelters. I think the one here actually hires people to distribute to people sleeping rough. Those they hire for that are actually homeless people, too," he says.