Chapter 6

“Good morning, Ms. Armstrong.” The man in white coat asked, greeting the girl with a warm smile, “I see you came with your best friends.”

The three then greeted the doctor in return before taking the sit in front of the old man. A nurse came in and beamed them a small smile before reaching out a clipboard to the doctor. Becky assumes it is her record.

“First, let me ask you how were you the past few days?” The doctor asked, putting down the record on his wooden table.

Becky gazed at her two best friends first before looking back at the doctor, “I feel alright. I mean, I did everything you asked me to. I avoid tiring myself out and have enough rest.”

The man nodded carefully jotting down everything, “Becky, we both know that just because you did those doesn’t mean you’re okay, right?” He asked softly, looking at the young girl in front of him who he already treated as his own.

Becky nodded with a small smile accepting every words coming from the doctor, “I know.”

Dr. Lee smiled, seeing the girl who he met years ago looking so strong in front of him, not the one he saw crying her eyes out because of her condition. The lady in front of him is a lot stronger and courageous.

“Should we proceed to the tests then?”

Irin and Mind couldn’t help but get worried as they wait for the other girl to end her sessions. It has always been like this, them coming with Becky with every session and check–up the older girl has to undergo. Not that Becky’s parents are irresponsible; it’s just that Becky’s not that close with her parents to be with them during her sessions.

“She’ll be okay, right?” Mind quietly asked, her eyes falling on her hands.

Irin nodded, “Of course.” She smiled at the older, “She’s our Becky. You know how strong that girl is.” She added, even though Irin herself is questioning everything.

“Right, even if she’s not, she has to be strong…” Mind muttered, “Because if not, I’ll hit the hell out of her.”

The two looked at each other before bursting into laughter earning the confused looks from the people passing by. They stopped laughing when a nurse stared at them a bit longer, so before they got kicked out of the waiting area they decided to keep calm and just wait for their best friend.

“Hey, remember when we first met Becky?” Irin asked, her eyes fixed at the wall in front of them reminiscing the good old days, “God, she’s so noisy.”

Mind let out a chuckle, “She is and annoying too…but those things made her our Becky.” Two smiled in silence picturing inside their minds the first time they met the other girl.

Irin was busy writing on her notes trying her best to make something out of what her tutor gave her. It’s the usual exercises that a tutor would give a student and Irin just wanted to get out of her room and have some play time with her friends outside. So, if she wanted to go out she has to finish the exercises first.

She’s almost finish on her work when a knock interrupted her from it. She looked up from her notebook and glance to the door, her Mom peeking from it, “Hey Irin, can you come down for a second?” Her Mom asked smiling softly at the younger, “We want you to meet someone.”

The thirteen year old girl nodded softly before closing her notebook. The older woman patted Irin’s head before they head down where the said visitor is waiting.

And Irin wanted to run back inside her room the moment she heard the other teen talking, “Hi! I’m Becky.” The stranger grinned at her, offering a handshake, “I hope we can be friends.”