Chapter 17

“What are we even doing here? We don’t have class, Noey.” Freen says as she scans the empty parking lot of their university, “And I really need my sleep.”

Noey locked her car before turning around to face the whiny girl, “We’re going out today, idiot.” She said as she sent a message to their friends.

Freen frowned at her, “This early?” Noey nodded, “At freaking 7 a.m? Dude! The mall won’t open until 10!” Freen complains.

“Who says we’re going to the mall?”

“What? Where are we going then?”

Freen looks at her best friend, still waiting for any answer but Noey stopped sparing her a glance and continue typing on her phone. She really wanted to just go home and sleep because after all, they just finished their finals yesterday but all her hopes of resting was immediately thrown out of the window the moment Noey barged inside her unit and pulled her away from the comfort of her bed.

“They are here.” Freen looked at her best friend and follow where Noey is looking, “C’mon, Freen. move your ass and help them with their bags.”

Noey didn’t even wait for her and just straight up walk towards the others, grabbing the huge bag from one of them. Freen sighed, already dreading the day as she makes her way towards their friends.

She went up to Nam and tried helping her with the huge backpack that seems to be a lot bigger for such a small body Nam has but before Freen could land her hand on the bag strap, Nam immediately avoided her making her raised an eyebrow.

Nam smiled, “I’m alright, Freen. I can carry this.” Nam says which makes Freen raised another eyebrow because Nam is obviously having a hard time carrying the bag but before Freen could say anything, Nam already run off, obviously struggling.

Freen shrugged before making her way towards the other woman but just like earlier, she got turned down, “I’m okay, Freen.” Kade grinned at her before walking away.

The oldest girl frowned at that, everyone is obviously struggling with their stuffs but why are they turning down her offers of helping them?

She looked at the others, Mind has Noey helping her, and Irin has Love beside her both carrying each of the strap of a bag and then there’s Becky.

Oh, Becky.

Becky has two bags with her but both don’t look that heavy so Freen contemplated whether to help her or not. Freen bit her lip before letting out a huge sigh as she walks towards the woman she has been trying hard to avoid.

I’m just gonna help her. Nothing more.

The moment Freen stopped beside Becky, the latter immediately looked at her, “Let me help you with those.” Freen says quickly, feeling her ears turning warm by the way Becky was staring at her.

She didn’t even wait for Becky’s response and just gently grabbed the bag from the younger girl’s hand before walking away. Becky couldn’t stop herself from smiling though, seeing the blush on Freen’s.

As soon as everyone stopped beside the car they are going to use, everyone immediately called dibs for the seats. Freen would be stupid if she doesn’t notice her friends’ plan because of how obvious it is.

Freen just rolled her eyes at her friends’ antic because she did notice. She does notice of course, they are not even trying to be discreet about it anyway.

Freen just sighed and settled herself beside Becky, the only vacant seat. Noey looked at her through the rearview and smirked at her.

Freen just wish to at least reach their destination fast because she could honestly feel herself tensing up with Becky’s presence beside her. She closes her eyes as soon as Noey started driving, praying to every god and saints to just let her be alright and not to let her jump on the woman beside her until they reach their destination.