Chapter 9

Becky was scared. She’s terrified of what could happen to her especially since it was her first attack again after a long time. Feeling the surging pain on her chest stopped her from talking to her best friend.

She winced, clutching her chest in the process, “Irin…” She gasped, trying her best to calm down, “It hurts.” She closed her eyes forcing herself not to cry with the sudden jolt of pain.

Irin seeing the painful expression of her best friend immediately dialled Mind, “Council room. Quick.” She said the moment she heard Mind answered the phone before ending just as fast.

The younger girl rushed to Becky’s side, “Hey, Bec.” She called calmly, knowing full well that panic wouldn’t do any good, “Don’t close your eyes, please.”

“What happened?” Mind who was talking with Nam and Noey earlier asked the moment she saw her hurting best friend.

“Let’s bring her to the hospital, c’mon.” Irin quickly grabbed their things while Mind helped Becky out of their council room until her car.

Becky was still gasping while on their way to the hospital, “We’re near, Bec.” Irin whispered while holding Becky close at the backseat of Mind’s car.

The moment they stopped in front of the hospital Mind immediately asked for help. Doctor and nurses came out with a stretcher, “You’ll be okay, alright?” Irin said as they helped putting Becky on the stretcher before pushing it inside.

With nothing they could do, they were stopped outside the emergency room. Breathing heavily, Mind and Irin decided to take a seat at the bench just outside the ER.

“What happened?” Mind asked, staring at the white wall. She’s damn worried about her best friend and knowing that she couldn’t do anything frustrates her.

Irin run her fingers through her hair, “I–I don’t know. We were just signing some project proposals as usual,” She frowned, recalling how Becky sounded so hurt earlier, “Then she just…she just told me it hurts.”

Mind nodded, “I’ll contact auntie.”

Not waiting any response she stood up from her seat and walk out of the hallway. Between Mind and Irin, the oldest seems to always have it hard every time Becky would be brought to the hospital for the exact same reason. Mind always thought that she have to be the more responsible one between the three of them because she’s older. She’s always putting the two younger her priorities, so seeing one of them hurt pains her a lot more.

Irin sighed before rubbing her face as she suddenly remembers the hang out she would have with Love tomorrow. With the sudden situation it seems like it has to be postponed.

She thought of what she should tell the younger thinking of different excuses but decided to just say the truth because well, they are all friends, “Hey,” She said softly, still staring at the closed metal door of the emergency room.

She heard a soft hum from the other line indicating that Love is listening, “I’m sorry but I think we have to postpone our hang out.”

“Oh, it’s okay.” Irin can definitely hear the disappointment of the other girl, “It’s alright, but may I know why?”

Irin closed her eyes for a second before letting out a sigh, “I’m in the hospital and I don’t think I could leave soon.”

“What? Are you okay? What happened?”

Hearing the concerned voice of the cub made her smile, “I’m okay, it’s Becky.”

“What happened to her? Is she alright?”