Chapter 11

“I think I am in love with Freen.”

Those were the words Becky told her two best friends the moment they asked how she is a couple days after Freen kind of forced her to spend lunch together.

Irin and Mind couldn’t hide their giggles as they heard Becky confessing. It’s not really impossible for either of the two to fall especially if they are always spending time together but they didn’t know it’ll be this fast.

But who are they to judge, right? Because if your heart feel something about a certain someone there is nothing you could do.

“Are you gonna tell her that?” Mind carefully asked, watching the emotion circling in her friend’s eyes.

Becky stared hard at the stack of papers in front of her, thinking if she would because honestly, she didn’t thought of it yet. Considering everything, her condition, their situation— she doesn’t think she could do anything about her feelings, at least not too soon.

“Do you want her to know about your feelings?” Irin questioned, “Becky, do you want to?”

Becky looked up and gaze at her best friends before letting out a sigh, “Should I?” She asked in return, genuinely confused on what to do because everything is new to her.

“You know, sometimes I don’t want to see her,” She started, shifting her gaze away from the confused eyes of the other two, “Because I couldn’t stop myself from falling harder. I don’t even know if the things she do for me are genuine or just…just because we have a deal with them. But you know, she’s just so kind and innocent and beautiful but you also know that I can’t do this whole love thing because…because of everything’s that is happening to me. And it’s hard. It’s too hard pretending that I don’t love her, that everything I am doing is for the sake of the damn deal.”

Irin and Mind don’t know what to say after hearing the rambling of the other girl. Of course, they understand Becky. They understand that Becky is just scared of the many possibilities with Freen. Becky is just scared because she doesn’t have that certainty that the other girl also feels the same. And she’s scared because she could be gone any time.

And that means leaving Freen.

“Bec.”

Becky faced her best friends, eyes stinging with the unshed tears, “God, I love her but I will only hurt her.” She exhaled, “I don’t know what will happen to me any time soon. I could die any time and I don’t want to hurt her because of that.”

They are just thankful that they are the only people inside the council room, so Irin and Mind rushed towards the either side of the vice president, their best friend and hugged her tight.

“We want you to be happy, Bec.” Mind mumbled softly, her hands running gently at the crying lass’ back, “And we know Freen can make you happy. So, don’t stop yourself from having that just because of your condition. Don’t stop yourself from being happy, Becky.”

“Freen is a bit dumb but she makes you smile and laugh and that’s what matter to us the most. Stop thinking of the future, just treasure the moments you’re gonna spend with her, every second of it.” Irin added, head leaning at the shoulder of the sobbing girl, “Give yourself a chance to be happy.”

“Goddamn it, Freen.” Becky hissed as they separated from the hug while wiping the stupid tears that escaped her eyes.

Irin and Mind chuckled as they helped Becky fix herself.

“Confess to her, idiot.”

Becky woke up with a jolt and as soon as she saw the white ceiling of her room a frown starting forming on her face, “Guess, I’m here again.” She whispered as her gaze fixed at the white plain ceiling staring back at her.