Chapter 12

"Let's go," Thalia said. The three of them set off to the city.

"You never told me we are going to the city," Azrael said.

"You got a problem?" Thalia snapped. Azrael looked taken aback, he didn't know Thalia could be like this.

"Weeelll, I save citizens so they pretty much know me, so you won't be expecting a normal and peaceful day of hunting," Azrael said, rubbing his head sheepishly.

"I don't care," Thalia said.

"Jeez, relax. I was just warning you," Azrael said, turning to find Artemis scouting ahead.

"We better hurry up, we don't want to fall behind," Azrael said. Thalia rolled her eyes and jogged up next to Artemis. "Geez, someone's moody today," Azrael muttered.

"Azrael!" someone shouted. Azrael looked behind him to see a lot of citizens running to meet him, he paled.

"Oh dear," he ran and snatched Thalia's and Artemis' hand, and they ran.

"Let go of me!" Thalia yelled.

"What are you doing, Azrael?" Artemis said coldly. They turned into a narrow tunnel.

"Fans, they can get crazy. Gonna trample over you just to see me," Azrael panted.

"Let's go, we are behind schedule already," Artemis said. Thalia glared at Azrael.

"What is wrong with you?" Azrael asked.

"What is wrong with me? You are the one who suddenly came here," Thalia yelled.

"Well, I didn't ask to," Azrael yelled back.

"Will you both shut up? We are near monsters now," Artemis scolded.

They went into a small shed and saw hundreds of monsters, Azrael tripped, alerting them, "Oops. On the bright side, we found them?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Thalia yelled, battling a few monsters.

"It is not my fault there was a stone there," Azrael yelled back, holding off monsters. Artemis was battling a herd of monsters. Azrael summoned his sword, Hurricane, and started toring through the wave of monsters. He turned back to see Thalia and Artemis fighting side by side.

When he finished off his own club of monsters, he turned to see three monsters firing...Arrows? Behind the girl's back.

"Artemis! Thalia! Watch out," Azrael yelled as he rushed to there, his wings open. Three arrows pierced into Azrael's wings and his shoulder. He took out Hurricane and slashed, three head got cut off neatly.

After a while, the only thing left was trails of blood and dust, "Well that was finished," Azrael said. He pulled an arrow from his left wing, "OW!"

"Are you okay?" Thalia asked.

"Yea, sure. Whatever," he replied, pulling the second arrow, "Ouch."

"Here let me help you," Artemis said, she cut off the shaft or the arrow pierced in his shoulder and pulled out the remaining, she then poured nectar on the injuries.

"That stung," Azrael said.

"Of course it stings," Thalia said.

"Friends?" Azrael offered both his hands to the ladies.

"Fine," Thalia and Artemis agreed, they took the hand.