The shining prey

Izuku tried to find others who would join his team, but everyone distanced themselves from him, fearing they would get knocked out from the sports festival. Izuku decided to go to Midnight and ask for an exception. "You want to be by yourself? Are you sure about that?" Midnight asked him, and the hero nodded."Yeah, everyone seems to be scared of being around me, so I want to be on my own." Izuku explained to her."Very well, but I'll have to get Nezu to agree." Midnight told Izuku, and the boy nodded.

She talked into an earpiece, and a few moments later, Midnight gave him a thumbs up, and Izuku smiled, glad that he was still able to take part. Midnight cleared her throat and grabbed the microphone. "We have a change of plans! The person with the million point headband shall work alone. But, here's the new twist every other team must chase after him. If you catch him, your team passes the events and won't have to play for the rest of this event." Midnight said, and Izuku looked back to Midnight and gave her a look of betrayal.

Flashing the Omnitrix to life, Izuku prepared himself looking for the alien he wanted, but he couldn't decide 'Way Big? No, I'd squash everyone. Heatblast? No, the headband would burn away. Diamondhead? Good offensively and great defensively. I'll use him.' Izuku decided and stayed on Diamondhead as the bell rang to say that the event had now begun.

Izuku slammed his hand down on the hologram of Diamondhead, and a green glow hid Izuku for a moment, replacing him with the diamond covered alien.

Izuku was charged at by Todoroki's, Bakugo's, and 3 other squads. Izuku glided his hands up into the air, and a wall of thick diamonds blocked the advancing teams. Bakugo's team approached him from behind, and Izuku shot diamonds towards the 'head' of the horse, Kirishima, who hardened his head to protect himself and his team.

"Sorry, but as long as I've got this rock-hard body, nothings gonna stop us!" Kirishima told Izuku, but to the surprise of his own teammates, Bakugo pounced off the horse and towards Izuku."You Damn Bastard!" Bakugo shouted, and Izuku created a shield blocking the oncoming explosion, and using the shield, Bakugo jumped back onto his 'horse'. "Seems like your 'knight' isn't that smart. Are you sure he's not the horse?" Izuku jokingly asked Kirishima, Mina, and Sero while Bakugo grew an even more pissed off look."What did you say to me!? Get closer to that bastard!" Bakugo commanded, slamming his fist into Kirishima's hardened head.

Izuku created an opening in the diamond wall he had used to protect himself from the other teams, assuming they had all left to charge someone else. Izuku junked through the opening and slammed it shut before Bakugo's team could get through and wrapped the diamond wall all around them.

Izuku felt his diamond feet get covered by something, and he looked down to see ice painting over his own feet.

"I need that headband." His classmate, Todoroki exclaimed as the diamond covered hero smiled."Sorry, but you're gonna have to try harder than just some ice." Izuku told the candy cane haired boy as Izuku tore his feet out of the ice, and Momo threw a flashbang at Izuku.

It didn't blind Izuku. It only blurred his vision slightly, but the diamond alien still reacted to the attempt grab attack made by Todoroki by grabbing Todoroki's wrist. He heard something snap in Todoroki's arm and saw the cold-hearted boy flinch. 'Did I break his wrist?' Izuku wondered to himself as Todoroki grabbed a hold of the presumed broken wrist and commanded Momo. "Momo, make a shock resistant blanket." A blanket covered Todoroki, Momo, and Iida as Kaminari let out a surge of powerful electricity.

Todoroki's team assumed that Izuku had been affected by the electricity, but they were wrong. "You guys didn't listen in science class, now did you?" Izuku asked with only a few marks of dust that he had kicked up by accident. With one stomp of his foot, a spear of diamond burst from the ground and almost hit Todoroki's team onto their butt's.

An alarm went off again. "Midoriya has survived. He can now not participate in the event and shall watch onwards from the stands with his classmates." Midnight said onto the microphone as the boy in question transformed back to his normal self."Better luck next time." Izuku told Todoroki's team and walked off the stage to watch the rest with his classmates that had been knocked out in the Obstacle course.

Izuku and the others watched as everyone else ran around for someone else's headband. There seemed to be three prevalent teams in the Cavalry battle, those being Bakugo's team consisting of Bakugo, Kirishima, Mina, and Sero. Todoroki's team consists of Todoroki, Momo, Kaminari, and Iida. Finally, Gwen's team, which consisted of Gwen, Uraraka, Tokoyami, and Mei.

The cavalry battle quickly ended with Izuku coming in first because he kept his million headband, then Todoroki's team with Bakugo's and Gwen's sharing 3rd place and a 4th team filled with people he didn't know. Strangely, three of the people from the 4th team gave up saying they didn't even remember participating in the event.

Now, it was time for the main event. "The final and main event of this Sports festival is..." Midnight looked at the giant screen as it came to a halt."Fighting Tournament!" Midnight shouted enthusiastically."But, before that, we'll all have a well-deserved break." Midnight said.

Izuku wandered around through the food stands and mini shops. "Oh dear~ It seems I've left my wallet in my other costume." Izuku turned his head and saw Mt. Lady, Kamui woods and Death Arms with Mt. Lady seducing the octo-ball shop owner "SO HOT!" The owner shouted, and Izuku slammed down a few hundred yen onto the counter, surprising Mt. Lady and the owner "Here! I'll pay for myself and her." Izuku told the owner, and he nodded and grabbed the yen off the counter.

"Hey! Wait a minute! You're That Teen Wolf Guy from the Sludge Villain incident!" Mt. Lady shouted, pointing at Izuku furiously, and the Omnitrix wielder nodded. "Y'know, I don't forgive you for throwing me into the air." Mt. Lady told Izuku, who just shrugged his shoulders and said, "That's fine. I'm not looking for anyone's forgiveness." The shop owner placed down two boxes of octo-balls, and Izuku grabbed the one closer to him.

"Hope you enjoy the rest of the festival." Izuku told her."I will!" Mt. Lady said angrily as she ate the octo-balls, and Izuku walked away from the food stands. 'I feel strange...' Izuku thought, he didn't what it was but he had a strange feeling in the back of his head that something bad was going to happen but Izuku decided to push down this feeling, thinking it was nothing unaware that he was being watched from the stars above.

Chapter end